Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone share their thoughts of whether to get the EV and tech package or just go with the Touring? I understand that the EV comes with thinner tires and thus has better fuel economy. Are there any differences in the autonomous tech features? Sokmeone in another thread mentioned that there isn't autonomous emergency breaking in the EV and that it only has the auto breaking when in smart cruise control. Anyone know if this is the case and ikf there are any other differences besides just looks?

Also how much off MSRP is everyone able to get off their plugin 2018 Niros?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Niro Plug-in Hybrid is still scarce in Florida dealerships, and thus many dealers, when they get one, will not discount it. In fact, a couple in our area (Orlando, Fl) increased the sales price above MSRP!

I was able to find a nice discount on inventory at Crown Kia of St. Petersburg. However, their models were not in the configuration (color and trim) that I wanted. A little persistence with a sales person (Gene West), and they offered to order what I wanted if I would place a deposit on the vehicle in advance, and offered to give me the same discount as a vehicle in stock. 3 weeks later and I picked up my car!

I found that of all the internet buying services out there, CarGurus returned the largest number of vehicles available. By changing my home zip code and expanding the search distance, I was able to cover dealers all over the southeast. Had I been willing to go to Atlanta, I could also have gotten some nice discounts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Niro Plug-in Hybrid is still scarce in Florida dealerships, and thus many dealers, when they get one, will not discount it. In fact, a couple in our area (Orlando, Fl) increased the sales price above MSRP!

I was able to find a nice discount on inventory at Crown Kia of St. Petersburg. However, their models were not in the configuration (color and trim) that I wanted. A little persistence with a sales person (Gene West), and they offered to order what I wanted if I would place a deposit on the vehicle in advance, and offered to give me the same discount as a vehicle in stock. 3 weeks later and I picked up my car!

I found that of all the internet buying services out there, CarGurus returned the largest number of vehicles available. By changing my home zip code and expanding the search distance, I was able to cover dealers all over the southeast. Had I been willing to go to Atlanta, I could also have gotten some nice discounts.
Thank you for the insight! Can't believe some places were charging morethan MSRP lol. Can i ask you how much of a discount you were able to achieve? And how are you liking the car?! Thanks for you input!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts