Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks Progressive, and "Up-To-Date"... Looks Instantly Appealing... Would You Like To Have One...???
~ To Bad It's Got Outta Hand Pricing ~
All-New 2022 Kia EV6 Crossover | Meet Your Future Electric Car | Kia
NOTE: The only Problem I SEE ~ 'Who Done It' ~ "What Is It" ~ Sticker On The Rear & Front End ~
I Feel Nothing Warm And Fuzzy About That Sticker...:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,661 Posts
Kia has announced pricing for the First Edition trim, and I am disappointed to say the least. I was expecting them to keep it around $50k fully loaded, but it's almost $57k. I'm simply not going to spend that much for my next car. While my Niro lease still has 11 months remaining, used car values are so high right now that it might make sense to trade it in. If the Niro EV had dual zone HVAC, I'd gladly get one of those. But the wife insists we need that, so I'm currently investigating an ID.4. Doesn't have the features of the EV6 or Ioniq 5, I agree. But it's available, and right around $45k for a loaded model.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Kia needs to take a long look at the new Ford Maverick Hybrid pick-up truck. Starting price is around $25k top of the like is $38k (with no hybrid and adding AWD).

I might be swayed back to Ford!!!

·
Registered
2019 NIRO PHEV EX
314 Posts
I think the regular production cars will be cheaper. Aren't these limited editions a one time only event?

Limited EV6 First Edition (only 1,500 available)

Good news is KIA has 11 more all electric vehicles in its pipeline

·
Super Moderator
1,661 Posts
Yes, the First Edition trim is a limited quantity item only available when the model is first released. But for me, it's the only trim level that might be available within my timeframe for replacing the Niro. And with the current values for used cars exceptionally high, it seems like I should make a move now, while there's thousands extra tacked onto my car's value.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Doesn't have the range I need. And the price is WAY out of my budget.
Sorry not interested until the range is doubled and the price is halved.

·
Super Moderator
1,661 Posts
Doesn't have the range I need. And the price is WAY out of my budget.
Sorry not interested until the range is doubled and the price is halved.
While I agree about the price, the range is enough for well over 90% of drivers. It's a rare day that I drive more than 50-60 miles. Even a trip to my parents is only about 130 miles round trip. And with the charging speeds it's capable of, stopping every few hours for 15 minutes isn't really a big deal. But if you fall into the small group that drives hundreds of miles daily, then an EV probably still isn't the vehicle for you. :)

·
Super Moderator
598 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,661 Posts
Hi, what do you mean by a "dual zone HVAC" ?
Separate temp settings for driver and passenger. The PHEV has it, but the EV does not. Other EVs, such as the ID.4, does offer it. Hyundai doesn't have it in the Kona EV either.

·
Super Moderator
598 Posts
Separate temp settings for driver and passenger. The PHEV has it, but the EV does not. Other EVs, such as the ID.4, does offer it. Hyundai doesn't have it in the Kona EV either.
Holy Crap!! i just realised that!.. (n)

·
Registered
106 Posts
My wife really likes that dual temperature setting . I think that the price of the new model is absurd. It seems that Kia and Hyundai are sort of behaving like Mazda by getting increasingly higher end . I just built a top model Niro Ev on The Kia Canada sight and it came to $56000 Canadian and to me thats a heck of a lot of money , so the new car is going to be what several thousand more ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts