Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the money to pay cash for the Niro, but they talked me into low interest financing with enough "cash back" to exceed the interest I'd pay. Still, I could pay almost no interest if I just pay off the loan, but the dealer said I needed to wait a certain amount of time or the cash back wouldn't apply. They were unclear on how long that waiting period would be (one said a couple months, another said he thought 6 months but he wasn't sure).

I expected to have more info once my statement came in, but there's nothing there. I can't find any information about it.

Did anyone use promotional financing with cash back and get a real answer for how long to wait to pay off the loan?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had the money to pay cash for the Niro, but they talked me into low interest financing with enough "cash back" to exceed the interest I'd pay. Still, I could pay almost no interest if I just pay off the loan, but the dealer said I needed to wait a certain amount of time or the cash back wouldn't apply. They were unclear on how long that waiting period would be (one said a couple months, another said he thought 6 months but he wasn't sure).

I expected to have more info once my statement came in, but there's nothing there. I can't find any information about it.

Did anyone use promotional financing with cash back and get a real answer for how long to wait to pay off the loan?
The dealer talked you into the financing because they make a cut on the financing. Usually the cash back is about double vs. the cash back+low financing but I'd have to check the current rebates in your area. A lot of time it's different depending on where you live. You should check with the people who gave you the loan I assume Kia Financial) to see how long you have to keep the loan for.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It was written in my loan that I had to pay a early termination fee if I paid it off before 6 months. But the fee was way less than the cash back, and way less than paying extra interest so I paid it all off after I got my loan details in the mail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts