Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove 200 miles each way this weekend and experienced the true ability of the NIRO to be a uniquely Non-Hybrid. Drove early Saturday morning and returned mid-day on Sunday...minimal traffic. On a full tank I managed to get 53 mpg at average speed between 65-70 mph. This was non-highway driving with minimal stop lights through Florida country routes. I did not experience any hesitation when passing several slower moving vehicles, even while driving ECO for the entire trip. Road feel varied but the inside cabin noise was not bothersome. Most of the trip was on well paved roads. Also used cruise control without any issues. It truly felt that I was driving a regular non-hybrid automobile. Very impressed with the NIRO. I have logged 1250 miles so far without any issues. I expect it to continue to impress with its MPG and comfortable ride. Time will tell.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I get tired from less than 200 mile trips, can't imagine how fatigued you get on long ones from one state to another. But that gas mileage is hard to neat with a tall vehicle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I actually just did my first commute to work, turned out to be half traffic-y, even though it's almost all highway. 55 MPG. 75 MPH on the fast parts (adaptive cruise), wasn't even trying terribly hard. EX Premium. I was expecting a lot worse for a highway drive. These things are effing great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did a round trip from Tampa to Tallahassee today (440 Miles). I do this trip once a month, it’s great doing it all on one tank with just under a quarter tank to spare. With speeds between 45 and 75 I got 54 mpg. I love this car!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have driven 500+ in a day several times and I am happy with the comfort of the car. With one long multi day trip in it, San Antonio - Colorado. Even with driving long distances for multiple days in a row it is comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts