Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the PHEV EX Premium in platinum graphite. Still figuring out some of the features, but very pleased. Got a pretty reasonable price, had a fairly knowledgeable salesperson, and only had to go to the next county for it, so it was not a bad situation. Not a lot of PHEV in Idaho.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome I've had my PHEV EX Premium for about 3 weeks and I'm in love. I had to go from TN to KY to get it. I see some Niro hybrids in Knoxville, but I haven't seen a PHEV Niro yet. Most people don't even know KIA makes a PHEV/EV. They have a lot to advertising catch up to do if they want to get more exposure to their lineup.

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
I've had mine for almost 2 months. Also my first Kia and first hybrid. It certainly requires a different approach to driving to maximize EV range, but I'm pretty happy overall. I lucked out, and had a number of PHEVs available within 15 miles of my home. I did have to go to one further away from my home to get an acceptable lease offer, but still close enough to drive home under only EV power. I'm currently at a little over 1200 miles since I topped the gas tank off, and the dash says 232 MPG with just over a half tank left. With this nice weather, I'm seeing about 30-32 miles of EV range if I stay off the freeway. And that's using the A/C as needed too.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Beth if you are monitoring this tread how was your comfort on your long trip? We are preparing for a trip in the next month and wonder how you found the seating and your overall comfort for a trip 8 hours long?

Did you have any passenger and were they comfortable? Our trip will have two of us up front and two in the rear seats.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Beth if you are monitoring this tread how was your comfort on your long trip? We are preparing for a trip in the next month and wonder how you found the seating and your overall comfort for a trip 8 hours long?

Did you have any passenger and were they comfortable? Our trip will have two of us up front and two in the rear seats.
4 full sized adults? 8 hours will be rough. By myself, 10 hour trips are fine, no discomfort at all, but wedged in for that long, I wouldnt like that.

·
Registered
118 Posts

One trip was myself and my husband and we were both very comfortable. I didn't have any of the sciatic pain I normally get after a long trip.

The 2nd trip was by myself. I turned off EV for driving on the freeway and at rest stops I could leave the car on in EV mode and run the AC while taking a nap mid drive.

Unless the front passengers are really tall the rear passengers should have plenty of leg room. Stopping regularly for stretch and walk breaks will help if the quarters are tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts