Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2017 LX w/tech pkg in black and I love it. Bought it in 2017, trading in a 2012 Civic EX that was averaging 34 mpg. When I bought it I prepaid for lifetime full-syn oil changes. I run about 40 lbs of air all around and live near the northern tip of the Chesapeake bay. My favorite app to use is Fuelio which I used to track how far each tank goes. I use 87 octane E10 like the rest of you:) The record in my Niro is 701 miles, with most of gallon remaining. My average that tank was just shy of 63 mpg. Numbers like these are summer only for us however! I nicknamed my Niro 'Aurora' after her paint code ABP. Kia used Knack to send me a gift box for talking up the Niro on Facebook! I got some chocolate bars, cola bottles, a pair of rocks glasses(with the constellations on them) and a Neil deGrasse Tyson book! Unfortunately, I hit a deer before my first oil change(early 2018) 4k in damage, a new bumper, fender.... and my wife got backed into in a dark driveway(early 2019) 2k in damage, new bumper(again!). Also I'm in the door handle club, and other than that, no issues! So far as for mods I have went all LED for cabin lights, LED license plate illumination lights, and a 7 pcs "Black edition" badge set. Also I bought an OE tire (Michelin Energy Saver A/S) and it resides in the spare well. Looking for a cheap 16" steel rim for it, then jack and 4-way. Down the road I'll be installing a catch can and possible the "shark gill" slats. I'm sure you folks love your Niro as much as me, take care!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
My best tank was also 701 miles with better part of a gallon left. My measured mpg for that tank was less than yours at 58.70 mpg. Displayed average mpg was 60.1 mpg (about as close as it ever gets to agreement - usual is 3 mpg optimistic). Now that I know real capacity is 12.7 gallons, I expect I'll achieve a 750 mile tank this summer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My best tank was also 701 miles with better part of a gallon left. My measured mpg for that tank was less than yours at 58.70 mpg. Displayed average mpg was 60.1 mpg (about as close as it ever gets to agreement - usual is 3 mpg optimistic). Now that I know real capacity is 12.7 gallons, I expect I'll achieve a 750 mile tank this summer.
That's weird my best mileage was also 58.70 and the display read 60.1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts