Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the Niro would be a suitable candidate for fleet vehicle usage ? Possibly used for emergency first responders or anything else ? BMW has employed quite a few of their models into these sectors in different countries, could this possibly work as well ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Could be possible, speed is needed in emergency situations and the i3 has a top speed of 92mph while the Niro has a top speed of 110mph.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Going to come down to how the cars handle and accelerate because there's going to be plenty of weaving around with short bursts of acceleration when possible.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure they would go through a modification process either way to give it some pep in its step if necessary. All emergency vehicles do

·
Registered
198 Posts
I managed to find and estimated 0-60 time for the Kis Niro and it's 10 seconds and the BMW i3 has a time of 7.5 seconds. But the Niro is cheaper and as you say, the gas part of the engine can be tunned for more power and torque.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gaining 3+ seconds on 0-60 time is definitely a lot of work. It is possible, but it's a lot of work.. hmm...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts