Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to delete a preset? I have quite a few presets that I no longer want.I know that I can put a new station over an old station, but that's not I want.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
You want to actually reduce the number of presets? Outside of hiring a programmer with access to the source code, I don't think that is possible. You could set all the unused ones to say 88.1 or 100.0, something you will easily recognize not to push.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The presets that I want to delete are duplicates of existing stations [don't ask my why] & I guess I could override them with stations when I travel away from home. Still it's a PITA.
I'd think there would be an option to add/delete presets, because if someone wanted to have 40+ SiriusXm stations then there wouldn't be any remaining presets available for AM/PM stations [or visa versa].

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Forty presets? How much time do you spend in your car? 10 seems like more than enough on top of smart phone playlists and internet streaming.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depending on the time of day, and the length of travel: SiriusXm; News, "talk", music, comedy, sports. FM radio, local stations, out of town local stations. All of which are on the same presets that can be intermingled.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Myron -

The only solution I can come up with would be to reset the stereo to the factory defaults, this should cause all customized settings (including radio presets) to revert back.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It'll either be a setting within the menu, or that little button you use a pen or pin to push. I'll look it up later today and get back to u. Stand by.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
There is a system reset button just to the right of the volume knob. It is not clear to me that that clears out the station settings. Those do survive a flat 12V battery.

But if you can easily use 40 presets, just set them up! The old settings will be overwritten.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Press Setup button on dash.
Choose System Info icon on touchscreen.
Choose Default on the left side of the touchscreen
Press Default button on bottom of touchscreen

That should reset all your custom stereo settings, including radio presets, back to factory default.

Do let us know if it works. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only use 24 presets.... BUT I have an additional eight duplicate presets that I don't need or want. I did this when I initially setup the presets

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Press Setup button on dash.
Choose System Info icon on touchscreen.
Choose Default on the left side of the touchscreen
Press Default button on bottom of touchscreen

That should reset all your custom stereo settings, including radio presets, back to factory default.

Do let us know if it works. :)
YES!! at 1st look I didn't see the System Info as it was on the "next" screen. Once I got that and followed your directions... It wiped out all the presets & I put in what I wanted.
thanks. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts