Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to change my fog lights h8 bulb because they were so yellow compared to my HIDs I put it in some LEDs. I ordered 6000 k but I think 6500 k came in. I'm going to keep them this way they are overly bright but they match way better than before I love it. 20180707_112925_1531435961984.jpg Screenshot_20180707-115315_Video Player_1531435978422.jpg 20180707_235621_1531435998022.jpg Screenshot_20180710-224102_Messages_1531436022462.jpg

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Perhaps this is a style thing, but there is no point in having both sets of lights on at the same time. If you are driving in fog, having the headlights on reduces visibility. If you are driving at night, having the fog lights on adds extra unneeded light near the driver reducing night vision.

Kind of bizarre, but the owners manual actually warns of excessive electric use by running your fog lamps. That is not a real reason, but an interesting tidbit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Kind of bizarre, but the owners manual actually warns of excessive electric use by running your fog lamps. That is not a real reason, but an interesting tidbit.
Good thing I did mine with LEDs so they won’t even draw as much current (didn’t need resistor/capacitor either)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fog lights

Perhaps this is a style thing, but there is no point in having both sets of lights on at the same time. If you are driving in fog, having the headlights on reduces visibility. If you are driving at night, having the fog lights on adds extra unneeded light near the driver reducing night vision.

IMHO using the fog lights at night in dense fog only increases glare compared to headlights alone. I live in area with frequent dense fog and low beam headlights provide the best visibility for night driving.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Victor9mm: In your 1st pic, (the wider angle view) it appears that the passenger side light has the newer, whiter 6K fog bulb and the driver's side has the more yellow, OEM bulb. Is that correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
where the fog light bulbs easy to change ? just remove under splash guard to access them ?
Just changed mine this past weekend. I was all set to go in from underneath the car--until I got a look under there. I decided to go in through the wheel wells. I took out four plastic push-pins on the front-bottom and four from the front-inside of the wheel-well, and that gave me enough room to get my arm in there to access the fog light bulb. A quick squeeze uncouples the wiring harness plug, then a quarter-turn clockwise unseats the bulb assembly. Turning the tire inward helped as well. It was pretty straight forward once I figured it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts