Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m a new member. My drivers side fog light fell backward into the space behind the light.... the repair shop wants $1200 to fix it due to the fog light bosses being damaged that are connected to the bumper, requiring a brand new bumper....
Any ideas how to fix this inexpensively?

·
Registered
205 Posts
You could try gluing the broken parts back together with a 2 part epoxy. Can you show a picture of what is broken?

·
Registered
2019 NIRO PHEV EX
255 Posts
Sounds like the repair shop want to do it the professional right way, also very expensive.

Another way would be to find a way to fabricate a shop made mount and affix, glue it to the inside of the bumper and then screw the fog light to it. If the bumper has been damaged in such a way that this isn't possible then you must go the bumper route.

When the headlight was pushed in it may have damaged the bumper in such a way it isn't repairable.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
113 Posts
Hello, I’m a new member. My drivers side fog light fell backward into the space behind the light.... the repair shop wants $1200 to fix it due to the fog light bosses being damaged that are connected to the bumper, requiring a brand new bumper....
Any ideas how to fix this inexpensively?
Was the price from the dealership or an independent shop?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts