Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I would leave the car and lock it, the lights would flash, make a noise, and the mirrors would fold. When I returned to the car, the mirrors would open, a light by the handle would come on, and when I touched the button on the handle, their would be two beeps and the doors would open.
Now, all that happens except for the mirrors to fold. I tried multiple remote fob hits, long fob depressions, but still no fold. Is there an "option" somewhere? or?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check the switch shown below. You have to have in the center position for the mirror to autofold.

Folding the mirror.

Electric type

The outside rearview mirror can be folded or unfolded by pressing the switch as below.

Left : The mirror will unfold.

Right : The mirror will fold.

Center (AUTO) :

The mirror will fold or unfold automatically as follows:

Without smart key system
- The mirror will fold or unfold when the door is locked or unlocked by the transmitter. (if equipped)
With smart key system
- The mirror will fold or unfold when the door is locked or unlocked by the smart key.
- The mirror will fold or unfold when the door is locked or unlocked by the button on the outside door handle.
- The mirror will unfold when you approach the vehicle (all doors closed and locked) with a smart key in possession. (if equipped)
CAUTION

The electric type outside rearview mirror operates even though the ignition switch is in the LOCK position or the engine Start/Stop button is in the OFF position. However, to prevent unnecessary battery discharge, do not adjust the mirrors longer than necessary while the engine is not running.

CAUTION

In case it is an electric type outside rearview mirror, don’t fold it by hand. It could cause motor failure.

Reactions: KK6PD

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well two tips in one day, Christmas!! yes it works exactly that way, I just went out and checked.
Question, when I first got the car, when I put it in reverse, the mirrors, at least the passenger side, would tilt down so you could see whats next to the wheel, is that a secret switch also, if so what!
Keep these tips coming!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes!!!! Kia is great by including stuff that is extra [if the competition have it at all] to standard. I think Kia engineers/designers have meetings about what would be nice to have that wouldn't cost us to much to throw in to next years car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well two tips in one day, Christmas!! yes it works exactly that way, I just went out and checked.
Question, when I first got the car, when I put it in reverse, the mirrors, at least the passenger side, would tilt down so you could see whats next to the wheel, is that a secret switch also, if so what!
Keep these tips coming!!
Thanks!
That is something for the touring, so you can line up with the lines in the parking space. I don't know anything about that I'm afraid, I've got an EX.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is something for the touring, so you can line up with the lines in the parking space. I don't know anything about that I'm afraid, I've got an EX.
Keep these tips coming!!
Thanks!

I have never noticed this on my EX either. Must be a Touring feature eh.

·
Registered
173 Posts
But I do not have a touring, yet this was happening, although now it is not... H'mmmmmm
Side note, the wireless phone charger seems to be on the fritz.... Svc Dept time!

·
Registered
125 Posts
But I do not have a touring, yet this was happening, although now it is not... H'mmmmmm
Side note, the wireless phone charger seems to be on the fritz.... Svc Dept time!
I have a Touring. The mirrors do not move when you put it in reverse. I've only seen that on high end brands like BMW.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked this morning & noticed on the right mirror control there is a little swiggle that looked like it was a downward arrow. So, of course, I thought it meant that if in reverse and pushed the right mirror it would then go down... Nope. It just closed the mirror. So why the symbol & only on the right side? Things that will keep me up at night [just kidding.. kinda].

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have never noticed this on my EX either. Must be a Touring feature eh.
I have a Touring. The mirrors do not move when you put it in reverse. I've only seen that on high end brands like BMW.
OK boys, ya'll sit down now, I just figured it out!!

It's called Reverse Parking Aid Function... I have an EX NON Touring!! NICE !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well ... another great piece of Niro education for today. Thanks KK6PD.

Where did you come across this? I cannot find any reference in the owners Manual for "Reverse Parking Aid Function".

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well ... another great piece of Niro education for today. Thanks KK6PD.

Where did you come across this? I cannot find any reference in the owners Manual for "Reverse Parking Aid Function".
I spent a couple of hours reading the manual, RTFM, it was NOT in the big book, but rather in the "Functions & Features Guide"...page 18!

I just have to RTFM a little deeper, maybe figure out why my wireless charger is not functioning properly, or at all in my case!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK boys, ya'll sit down now, I just figured it out!!

It's called Reverse Parking Aid Function... I have an EX NON Touring!! NICE !!!
Thanks... but I tried it out a few times, using the provided "simple" directions, but nada. The mirror didn't move downward.

·
Registered
173 Posts
OK, Mine is NOT a touring model, 2018 with the advanced tech pkg, with Harmon Kardon.

here is a link to a youtube video I just made showing you how to enable this option.
Note, your pkg options MAY not include this item, if it doesn't, too bad, it's really a useful thin..

Watch mine....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice! Great find - I guess I had never reverse parked with that down - it is good to know.

Reactions: KK6PD

·
Registered
20 Posts
I spent a couple of hours reading the manual, RTFM, it was NOT in the big book, but rather in the "Functions & Features Guide"...page 18!

I just have to RTFM a little deeper, maybe figure out why my wireless charger is not functioning properly, or at all in my case!!

I tried it out and it doesn't work on my 17 EX. No mirror movement. I also don't have a "Functions & Features Guide".
Great new feature on the 2018 models!

Cheers and Happy New Year!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what model and options package do you have????
No extra package, however this "feature" does't have the typical disclaimer "if equipped". Also my right mirror button, as I stated in an earlier post, has a small downward swiggle of sorts.
I should also state that my Niro is a'18

1 - 20 of 42 Posts