Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though I'd rather not have to have a front license plate , 31 states require one. And since I didn't want to just screw my plate to the front bumper I searched for the OEM bracket only to discover that KIA doesn't have one for the Niro. After much research I discovered the perfect bracket. I have attached photos after I installed it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Though I'd rather not have to have a front license plate , 31 states require one. And since I didn't want to just screw my plate to the front bumper I searched for the OEM bracket only to discover that KIA doesn't have one for the Niro. After much research I discovered the perfect bracket. I have attached photos after I installed it.
Hi, any chance you can share the bracket you found?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure, it was for a KIA Sportage but it fits perfectly. KIA P/N 86519-D9010. I bought mine from Amazon but the one on ebay is less expensive. Note: it doesn't come with screws.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Though I'd rather not have to have a front license plate , 31 states require one.
Ohio is officially no longer one of those states, and I have removed mine. I did't use a frame and it is easy for the front plate to become battered. In fact, had a lady back into me at a stop sign despite my honking. But frame or not, bent or not, front license plates just do not look good on the Niro.

On the minus side for Ohio, I now have to pay $100 extra registration hybrid fee annually.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the holes on the front bumper? I would rather leave the bracket on and put a vanity plate on it, something like a Rebel flag or a Trump 2020 plate and see how long it takes before your NIRO is burning like Rome did.

·
Registered
653 Posts
What about the holes on the front bumper? I would rather leave the bracket on and put a vanity plate on it, something like a Rebel flag or a Trump 2020 plate and see how long it takes before your NIRO is burning like Rome did.
If you want to avoid holes in the bumper, this is a good option:

Tow Eye License Plate Holder

1 - 8 of 8 Posts