Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed the real time fuel economy bar guage reading appears to not be accurate. If you are going at a steady speed, let's say 40mph and you reset the fuel economy guage, the gauge that goes from 0 to 100mpg will show 50 plus mpg but the digital guage is showing high 30s. The bar style economy guage reads much higher than actual. However if you reset the guage while in full electric mode both guages, digital and bar show 99mpg.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Instant and average gauges will only be the same for a moment or so after you reset them. After that, well, they show average and instant mpg, two different things. Average integrates all the instant readings over time into one number - that number will change at a much slower pace.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Right, I got that. However when the instant is reset, the average is showing a reading well below the instant. While driving if I reset the guages and keep the instant above 50, the average should start computing from that point, so it should be showing 50 or better mpg. The instant shows 50 or better and average shows high 30s. There's a disparity there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually have one and stopped using in on my Prius because it was fairly accurate to the factory guage. I'm curious how does it read vs the factory mpg in the kia

·
Registered
360 Posts
My Ultragauge is no where near the Kias gauge becuase the Kia gauge doesnt reset every trip. Overall, they seem to be close, but not on daily drives.

I think the Kia gauge doesnt reset as well as the automatic resetting Ultragauge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts