Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I now am at 128,700 miles. Filled up an almost empty gas tank the other day. Got back in the car and turned it on. The fuel gauge only went to 3/4 full and the distance to empty was roughly 400 miles. It sat at 3/4 tank and slowly went up over the next 60 miles, but the distance till empty never changed until I drove about 150 miles. Then it started to go down. Still not certain how accurate it is so I filled up today with 200 miles to empty and after filling up it registered 610 miles til empty. I have never seen it that high. It did show as the tank is full. I will keep my eyes on this so I don't get stranded.
I purchased my 2019 Kia Niro LX at 28,000 MI and right away when I fill the gas tank I noticed there was the same problem that it would not register the mileage correctly
I had my car taken in because I noticed at the 30 mile Mark when I was going from accelerating to the accelerating but applying my brake at the 30 mph Mark there's a definite type of surge either electrical or gasoline that seems to overpower the transfer into first gear
I took this in immediately under $35,000 miles to have that checked by the Kia dealership and because there were no warning lights they told me that it wasn't an issue and that's just how the cars made I don't buy it it sounds like there's metal scraping in my car
In doing this I also noticed about the 10th time I fill up when it reaches its last gallon of gas the car lets out a kick fart
Because no lights come on the dash for any of these ailments within the car the the dealership workplace chooses to just go over it and say it's not an issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Run 2 tanks in a row with a bottle of Chevron Techron each. That should help clear up any odd electrical issues with fuel tank sensors. It's the same stuff the dealer will try to sell you for 10 times the price. I mean... it is LITERALLY the same exact stuff, with a Hyundai/Kia label on it. Then, do another bottle at least every 6 months.
Yeah I recently took a cross country trip and had one 'fart' instance. I was filling it full...and I don't appear to have the sensor problem
Only when maybe I drive it too low, to 30 miles left on the gauge. I will try the tip. I'll let you know, thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts