Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled my tank the other day to check my mpg's vs the dash readout. When it was filled the miles left in the tank was 539 miles or something like that. After my drive 122 miles the miles left was down to 417, looked right. Mpg's on dash said 50.1 I did the math and got 53.3, I was happy with that. Problem was the fuel level gauge didn't move to full until I got home 10 miles and the miles left in tank is still on 417.
I worry about the post where mice or some critter chewed the wires going to the fuel tank. I haven't seen many mice in my traps lately and if that was the problem I guess it wouldn't work at all. Any ideas?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sound more like a software issue to me than something mechanical. There are quite a few new cars that have come out recently with less than accurate fuel readings. Do you know if you're running the latest version of the systems software?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sound more like a software issue to me than something mechanical. There are quite a few new cars that have come out recently with less than accurate fuel readings. Do you know if you're running the latest version of the systems software?
No idea about software and the closest dealers here are an hour and a half away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts