Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia released new service action # SA 395 for replacement of the fuel tank air filter and natural vacuum leak detector. It is covered by vehicle warranty, but Kia will not notify customers. The recall is for Kia Niro manufactured between November 1st. 2016 and March 22nd. 2019.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't fill my tank because the fuel nozzle keeps clicking off as I fill the tank. It happens with the gas tank almost empty. I'm wondering if this is the fuel tank air filter.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I just looked up the TSB for this. It requires a fairly significant amount of work to replace the affected parts. I'm wondering what the downside is if this TSB service isn't performed. Will the drivability, fuel economy, safety... be compromised or ??? Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I suspect such TSBs will only be performed if your car has symptoms from a related fault. So only if you actually experience
Will the drivability, fuel economy, safety... be compromised or ???
will Kia fix it. No problem, no fixy. Have a service appointment Thursday and I'll ask about their TSB policies.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I suspect such TSBs will only be performed if your car has symptoms from a related fault. So only if you actually experience

will Kia fix it. No problem, no fixy. Have a service appointment Thursday and I'll ask about their TSB policies.
yticolev: Did you learn anything new at the dealer about the importance of having this TSB done?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Importance, no. But it is not a recall, so as I suggested, the TSB will only be performed if you have a related issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts