Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Fuelly account to log their mpg info and all of that good stuff?

It would be helpful considering we would all love to compare mpg with each other and see real world results and combine it all into one thread :)

http://www.fuelly.com/

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yes. I have Fuelly Account.

PAULRIDES 50.4 MPG AVE for 2413 Miles
That includes: approx 860 miles of Hwy and one very questionable 42.16 MPG for 180 miles of local driving while visiting daughter in NC.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes. I have Fuelly Account.

PAULRIDES 50.4 MPG AVE for 2413 Miles
That includes: approx 860 miles of Hwy and one very questionable 42.16 MPG for 180 miles of local driving while visiting daughter in NC.
Are you by any chance cross referencing what your car s systems is reporting with your own manual calculations? Often I notice people do that to get better insight on what going on and if there's some discrepancies with the factory read out.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Are you by any chance cross referencing what your car s systems is reporting with your own manual calculations? Often I notice people do that to get better insight on what going on and if there's some discrepancies with the factory read out.
No, I have not recorded cross reference.

I have observing, and I think Car Computer reads high by one or two MPG on it's computation of AVE MPG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to look up the fuel tank capacity too, 11.8 US Gal.

My anecdotal fuel milage;
51.5 on 50 mile test drive.
49.8 on 98 mile drive home with new Niro.
60.6 coming home from work (tailwind) :)

My overall mileage reset when I bought gas but I think we will experience around 47+ eventually... the wife has a lead foot. LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tank capacity is 11.8

I have run it all the way down to one bar on the fuel gauge and still barely put in over 10 gallons. That was topping it off too.

Haven't compared what car computer says to manual calculation.

·
Registered
88 Posts
See my sig...don’t drive a lot but ready for another fill in a couple days. Yes IMO the onboard computer runs high in the MPG reporting. I’d say it’s 3 mpg high. Will check again on my next fill. I keep notes on my pump receipt.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So here’s my latest Fuelly. Up from the last fill which was a road trip out of town. This current fill is about 2.x mpg higher than the onboard computer was saying. I forgot to note it on my gas receipt...doh! Iirc it was saying 49.x and Fuelly says 47.4, so not too off this time. It’s still a help in letting a driver know the current ballpark

·
Registered
2 Posts
I almost never drive mine on gas. What is the best way to calculate fuel economy like that? Fuelly only really works if you drive exclusively on gas for a while.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I almost never drive mine on gas. What is the best way to calculate fuel economy like that? Fuelly only really works if you drive exclusively on gas for a while.
I was wondering the same thing. I filled up at the end of a long trip even though the tank wasn't empty just so that I could see what the MPG was running as a hybrid (the EV-only was depleted). Fuelly tells me I got 51.2. Pretty happy with that.

I suspect we will have to do some math to separately calculate the mileage we are getting from the electricity we are pouring in versus the gasoline we are pouring in. Fuelly doesn't have that feature yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had to look up the fuel tank capacity too, 11.8 US Gal.

My anecdotal fuel milage;
51.5 on 50 mile test drive.
49.8 on 98 mile drive home with new Niro.
60.6 coming home from work (tailwind) :)

My overall mileage reset when I bought gas but I think we will experience around 47+ eventually... the wife has a lead foot. LOL
Even with her lead foot your saving lots of gas compared to your last vehicle I would bet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get horrible gas mileage on my Niro. All winter long it was 29-38 MPG. The ONLY reason I bought the Niro was because of its alleged good gas mileage. I have a 60 mike commute to work. I’ve complained over and over to the dealer and the dealer does and says nothing. It was good for the first 2 months. I drove from Omaha to Oklahoma this weekend and averaged 39.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I picked up my Niro in the dead of winter and my first fill was 42 mpg, but included fast interstate trips at 75 mph. Until May, never got above 50 mpg. Now I'm getting 58 mpg in hot weather not exceeding 65 mpg. I also have the base narrow tires.

If you have the heavier model with the wide tires, getting low forties with high speed commutes is expected. Thirties is really bad! Are you leaving it in Sport mode? Still, I bet it is better than your last car presumably driven similarly.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts