Kia Niro Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Currently my lifetime 24,000 mile average is a bit over 52 mpg, slightly exceeding EPA ratings. That could be relevant to other users in the same climate zone as me, and is what is important, not single trip mpg.

my 19 Touring is averaging 53+mpg in second tank [quarter used] so far. i think it actually went up 1-2 mpg because I am not using AC and cooler temp. so the EPA rating is 6-7 miles lower for Touring model because of 100-ish + lbs and 18 inch wheel are way underestimated? I was expecting 45mpg based on fuelly but i am a happy camper with current MPG. Oh, and I am running 38psi but it shows 36psi this morning because of cooler temperature. this week, i will be checking without crossbar but with vent shade in place. because I drive with driver window cracked opened all year, i really need the vent-shade to reduce wind noise and prevent rain from entering. I don't expect vent-shade to cause any additional drag.:)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
The shade does add frontal area and a wind entrainment, so it has extra drag. Is it really quieter? But the way modern cars no longer have gutters does lead to annoying water entry when I would like the windows open.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts