Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you bought from this very large dealer in the San Fernando Valley of SoCal, you’re probably getting word that Galpin Motor Group has closed its Kia dealership. A friend of mine who purchased a Kia Niro PHEV from them on my reco alerted me a couple of days ago and sure enough, I received a notice in the mail yesterday. Galpin is a huge dealer of Ford, Honda, VW, Mazda, Subaru, Volvo, Hyundai, and until a few days ago Kia. I don’t know what happened and the nearest dealers are 20 miles east and west of me. That’s an inconvenience for sure. I’m just leasing, so something more local replacement dealer may come up in the next 2.5 years, but is this a comment on Kia’s health?, I mean California is a big hunk of a car maker’s hybrid/EV business.

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you bought from this very large dealer in the San Fernando Valley of SoCal, you’re probably getting word that Galpin Motor Group has closed its Kia dealership. A friend of mine who purchased a Kia Niro PHEV from them on my reco alerted me a couple of days ago and sure enough, I received a notice in the mail yesterday. Galpin is a huge dealer of Ford, Honda, VW, Mazda, Subaru, Volvo, Hyundai, and until a few days ago Kia. I don’t know what happened and the nearest dealers are 20 miles east and west of me. That’s an inconvenience for sure. I’m just leasing, so something more local replacement dealer may come up in the next 2.5 years, but is this a comment on Kia’s health?, I mean California is a big hunk of a car maker’s hybrid/EV business.
Might be more of a statement about the dealers "health".

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just had my 7500 check done, and I called Galpin last week.... surprise!!! I ended up going too Kia in Glendale, not a bad experience. Made an appt online, had 3 TSB's taken care if, as well as the rest of the work in a 7500 ck, and it took 3.5 hrs, the car was out on time!

You might want to try there if it's not too far for you!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just had my 7500 check done, and I called Galpin last week.... surprise!!! I ended up going too Kia in Glendale, not a bad experience. Made an appt online, had 3 TSB's taken care if, as well as the rest of the work in a 7500 ck, and it took 3.5 hrs, the car was out on time!

You might want to try there if it's not too far for you!!
Yeah it’s either Kia Glendale or a dealer out in Simi. I window shopped the Glendale place, and I go to Glendale to visit my grandkids so that’s probly my logical choice. Seems like a successful operation, they just didn’t have a Niro Touring at the time I wanted to lease, and Galpin “was” close to my home. Thanks for the descriptive tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts