Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Niro LX

When i press the button on the inside to open the gas door, most of the time nothing happens. If i watch the door as i press the button, i can sometimes see it moving slightly.

If i get out and tap on the door a bit or otherwise jiggle it around in someway and then go back and press the button, it will usually eventually open but I might have to get out and do that 2-3 times before it'll open.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last time i filled up i tried pressing the button and waiting 30-60 seconds. Nothing happened. Tried pressing the button a few more times and nothing happened. I had to get out, hit the cover a few times and pry at it and it finally opened.

I just looked up the section in the manual that talks about this, and the 20 second depressurizing thing appears to be just for the plugin niro. So i think my cap is just stuck. I'll see if the dealer can do anything about it when i bring it in for the first maintenance visit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had this issue as well.
I reduced it greatly by opening it manually from the boot pulling the dedicated handle a few times. closing back and reopening (not too many times neither as the mecanic of the system looks weak)

now it does open from the front switch but I have to press at least one full second (it is much better than not opening at all :) ) to give it time to open...
I'll mention it to dealer at the first oil change ...in a year maybe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I'll give that a try. And isn't the first oil change supposed to be after 3 months?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This happened to me yesterday (2019 Niro LX) -- found this thread and tried everything mentioned (pressed button twice, then several times, then waited 30 seconds, and tried pulling the manual release in the trunk) and nothing worked at first (heard sound when pressed button, but lid didn't open and I couldn't pry it open), then it just opened about 20 minutes later when I pressed the button. Since then it's opened on the first or second button press.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts