Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for about a month. Getting ready to make the move.
I’ve noticed on the Kia web site they’re offering 0% financing for 66 months through sept 4th.
I could be mistaken but I seem to remember when I first was looking they had the same offer and that ending date came and went. Do they usually renew that every time it ends?

I’m trying to decide between the EX Premium or the Touring.
I don’t mind the mileage loss in the Touring because right now I’m driving a full size 6.0 liter truck that gets 14 mpg. I’ve spent 560.00 in the past 30 days on gas for my commute. ( 74 mile round trip) so I’ll still be very happy with the 45+ mpg.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The current offers ($1750 cash back, $1250 rebate + $1000 bonus for financing and
low financing offers) are all tied to 9/4.

The auto industry sees a 12 percent drop-off from August to September. August is not only the end of a quarter, it's the end of bonus reporting for this year's cycle. Getting the 66 month loan is great, but you invalidate getting the best - or even close - deal by using it. Right now you can strike while the volume iron is hot for dealers nationwide.

I just snagged an EX Premium on Friday for. Under $27k before taxes and negotiated a 25 percent discount on a set of Goodyear all weather tires for when I pick up the vehicle.

I'd recommend shopping around. There are about a dozen cars listed on Car Gurus for under $28.5k without negotiation for EX Premiums right now. Some time and effort and you can get a dealer to the $27k range easily.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mark,

You're in luck. Cali is a great state to buy a Niro in as there's a very large stock. You can use Peak Kia (CO) for pricing against CA dealers. They have hail damaged EX Premium packages for 25800 pre-tax and 26500 pre-tax fixed. I used that pricing, albeit without saying the status of the cars, to get the price I got (sub-27k pre-tax).

Kia of Irvine quoted me at 27090 + fees + taxes when I gave them the chance to give me their best offer and then to beat the one I had. Rally Kia was 29800 + fees + taxes, but will match a "reasonable" written offer.

Make sure to inform any dealer you call that you're getting offers from across the country. You don't care about distance, you want best offer. Don't set foot in a showroom until you have a written offer, unless you need to test drive a Niro. Make sure that if a dealer won't give you an offer unless you come in that you tell them you won't buy from them. Your entire negotiating power comes from calling/emailing. They have the upper hand when you show up without a written offer from them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wish KIA would give Florida a chance with some PHEV's. It annoys me California gets every preference. At times there are more PHEV's at a single California dealership than all the dealerships in Florida. Anyway congratulations I don't begrudge you taking advantage of KIA's California policy. I was looking at paying thousands extra to buy in California and ship to Florida...it was just pure coincidence that after several months KIA accepted my order and delivered to my dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts