Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Graphite Edition Niro? I have researched to high heck and believe I have all the information possible about that particular trim line. But I have noticed loads of misinformation on dealership websites and such. I have gathered every single piece of literature from Kia, the innerwebz, etc... Finding any 'Exact' information has eluded me to a degree. Mostly I cannot seem to find the Graphite Edition invoice anywhere. I am aware I can find out from the dealership but I'd prefer to know it going ahead of time.
So basically, does anyone here have any insight on the invoice price, or any thoughts and/or information about the Graphite Edition trim? The internet is surprisingly devoid of information regarding the Graphite Edition aside from Kia PDF files that barely mention it and only briefly speak of its features. Any additional information to go along with what I already have would be much appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
This is an option for the EX model. Did you not find it on Kia's site? This is what I just found there under EX and selecting graphite color:

Touring Graphite Edition+$2,400
The Touring Limited Edition includes:
Platinum Graphite Color Paint
18" Alloy Wheels w/ Black Finish, P225/45R18 Tires
UVO w/ 8" Touch-Screen Display, Voice-Command Navigation System
Harman/Kardon® Premium Surround Sound w/ Clari-Fi™, 8 Speakers, and Integrated Subwoofer
Sport Black Accents
10-Way Driver's Seat Adjustment, w/ 2-way Power Lumbar Support​

Personally, I would go for the tech package instead at $1,950.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an option for the EX model. Did you not find it on Kia's site? This is what I just found there under EX and selecting graphite color:

Touring Graphite Edition+$2,400
The Touring Limited Edition includes:
Platinum Graphite Color Paint
18" Alloy Wheels w/ Black Finish, P225/45R18 Tires
UVO w/ 8" Touch-Screen Display, Voice-Command Navigation System
Harman/Kardon® Premium Surround Sound w/ Clari-Fi™, 8 Speakers, and Integrated Subwoofer
Sport Black Accents
10-Way Driver's Seat Adjustment, w/ 2-way Power Lumbar Support​

Personally, I would go for the tech package instead at $1,950.
Thank you.

I have that information for sure.

I dug a deeper and did find invoice prices. I couldn't find dealer invoice costs for packages/add-ons unfortunately, I ran across a complete list of dealer invoice prices for everything Niro about a week ago. I can't for the life of me recall where I found (and sadly did not save/bookmark) that information.

What I am not a hundred percent certain of is 'exactly' what the Graphite Edition has in it. From everything I have read, watched, inferred the Graphite Edition is a package added to the EX trim. People have described it as a Touring 'lite' or a EX-Touring mashup. The Graphite Edition has the Touring badging on the rear of the vehicle.

I am probably over thinking it all. So it is essentially an EX trim with the extras listed in the 'Touring Graphite Edition' package. So everything listed for the EX on this list/PDF (kiamedia.com/us/en/models/niro/2018/features) aside from the Touring Graphite Edition amendments?

I know I'm being neurotic but I've read and watched so many inconsistent things. From "every" Niro having a heated steering wheel to a gentleman in a review video who call his Niro an "SX" trim line. I've seen many dealers and salespeople give FE trim MPG for Touring trim Niros, honest mistake or nefarious sales tactics...

Thanks again for your time!

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
TrueCar will give you package invoice prices, and average selling price in your area. If you do the whole thing and the car you want is in local inventory at a TrueCar dealer, you will get a quote. In my case, this was much better than TrueCar's average price. I did have to shop outside my metro area before I got a match.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
It just occurred to me that there was no PHEV when I bought my hybrid. So the UVO eco app was probably designed just for the PHEV (and maybe the EV) rather than adding those features to the existing UVO app.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Here’s the brochure for 2018 both HEV and PHEV that lists specs for all the trim levels of both models and packages: https://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/media/all/vehicles/niro/brochures/brochure_niro_2018.pdf

The only thing it doesn’t list is the Graphite Edition. The most official thing I can find on that from Kia is: “New for 2018 is the limited-production Niro Graphite Edition, which features exclusive Platinum Graphite exterior paint color, unique 18-inch gloss black wheels, black roof rails, metallic grille insert, Harman Kardon premium audio2 with subwoofer, 8-inch touchscreen navigation3 and a 10-way power driver’s seat. ”

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the information. I pulled the trigger and bought one this morning. I dig it so very much! Haven't driven it but about 45 miles, but my best fuel usage so far was 58.2MPG. Absolutely amazing!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
MPG on Niro Platinum Graphite '18

Thank you all for the information. I pulled the trigger and bought one this morning. I dig it so very much! Haven't driven it but about 45 miles, but my best fuel usage so far was 58.2MPG. Absolutely amazing!
I just wanted to follow-up and see how your Platinum Graphite Edition is holding up. I'm thinking about making the same purchase and wondered if you have any info on the MPG for the Platinum Graphite Edition. How many miles can you get on a full tank, average MPG, and how aggressive is your driving style?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just wanted to follow-up and see how your Platinum Graphite Edition is holding up. I'm thinking about making the same purchase and wondered if you have any info on the MPG for the Platinum Graphite Edition. How many miles can you get on a full tank, average MPG, and how aggressive is your driving style?

Thanks in advance!
Not the OP, but we’ve had our Graphite Edition for three weeks. On a full-tank, its somewhere around 550 miles +/- 25. Avg MPGs hovers around 45. Driving style (eco/norm/aggr) is I think 68/30/2%.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts