Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from West Texas. Just picked up my Niro in Phoenix and drove it home. 50+ mpg at 77mph. Very comfortable seats.

Last car was also a hybrid: 2013 Ford Cmax which was achieved 39-40 mpg mostly although driving up into the mountains of NM/AZ dropped that to about 37. As the Cmax's extended warranty was almost up (including the battery/hybrid system), I figured it was time for something new with at least 20% better mpg so the Niro was the choice. By the time I'm ready for another car, I expect the pure EVs will be ready (well, it's the infrastructure we need, right?).

Keep the greasy side down. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello from West Texas. Just picked up my Niro in Phoenix and drove it home. 50+ mpg at 77mph. Very comfortable seats.

Last car was also a hybrid: 2013 Ford Cmax which was achieved 39-40 mpg mostly although driving up into the mountains of NM/AZ dropped that to about 37. As the Cmax's extended warranty was almost up (including the battery/hybrid system), I figured it was time for something new with at least 20% better mpg so the Niro was the choice. By the time I'm ready for another car, I expect the pure EVs will be ready (well, it's the infrastructure we need, right?).

Keep the greasy side down. :D
Moving to EP from Cypress in a couple of months and I'm considering trading in my 2020 Bolt EV Premier on a 2020 Kia Niro EV. I'm not (too) concerned about finding charge stations along the 700 miles of US 290 and I-10, at least through Austin and SA, but I am concerned that you had to go to Phoenix to buy a Kia. Does EP have competent Kia dealers? (I'm sure Chevy is no problem.) Thanks. PS. 15-20 battery fires out of 150,000 Bolts and only 1 for 2020-2022 model years with the bigger battery, so that's not the reason I'd trade it. I want more comfortable seats and I loved my 2011 Sorento.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure how reliable is the source from where I got the figure, but... apparently the number of Bolts that have caught fire is in line with how many gasoline cars also catch on fire.

Of course ravenous lawyers don't care about how often a thing happens in normal life: all they care is pinning someone or anyone (anyone with money) as guilty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moving to EP from Cypress in a couple of months and I'm considering trading in my 2020 Bolt EV Premier on a 2020 Kia Niro EV. I'm not (too) concerned about finding charge stations along the 700 miles of US 290 and I-10, at least through Austin and SA, but I am concerned that you had to go to Phoenix to buy a Kia. Does EP have competent Kia dealers? (I'm sure Chevy is no problem.) Thanks. PS. 15-20 battery fires out of 150,000 Bolts and only 1 for 2020-2022 model years with the bigger battery, so that's not the reason I'd trade it. I want more comfortable seats and I loved my 2011 Sorento.
We have a Kia dealer here in El Paso (maybe 2 IIRC) but the only units in stock (or "soon to be in stock") were the higher-end models for $400-6000 more than I was willing to pay (and that had way more cr-p installed than I wanted).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts