Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
As a side note, if anyone has wheel locks, (I hate them, personally) it is recommended to get a second identical special socket. It might cost you $ 8-9 but if the original is lost or misplaced (they always do, sh*t happens) then you just saved yourself some serious cash. Place this spare socket in a place you remember, next to your passport and soc. sec. card.
Even if you never lose one, after repeated use they have a tendency to worn out and skip at the most crucial moment, like late night in heavy rain in a bad neighborhood after Jack the Ripper slashed your left front tire.
Techs at the dealer always use impact wrenches which won't hurt the factory log nuts but do gradual damage to the lock nut sockets, ( did I say I hate them before?)
If you lost it and they need to get the wheel off without the socket then it's time for the air chisel - wheel damage is a possibility if the dude is in a hurry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I found a stock rim off a salvaged 2017 niro for $120 (dealer wanted $480) and I will be adding a tire for long distance travel. Found it out of state online thru Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market. I havent figured out what to do about the reduced storage space under the rear yet.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I've tried that site several times, no Niro parts. I even submitted a written request. Can you tell me how you found the salvaged Niro and if possible, name the junk yard? Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
go to site> buy parts> choose 2017 kia niro, wheel display w/ image, choose your area(i choose USA) or choose all areas, I didn't choose part grade, enter zip and search.

This will take you to wheel selection--choose 16X6-1/2 5 spoke alloy and search which will take to the list of salvage yards and choices- I chose the lowest price REMINGTON $100 + $ shipping.

I requested quote, but no return message so I called them at the advertised number and placed order.

Hope this helps, gave full instructions so that everyone can find multiple parts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Thanks. The parts I want are not there, but searching for other parts allowed me to find three or four junked Niros. I need an FE only part, so my odds are still low but at least I have phone numbers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have seen that 99% of 17-18 niro parts are identical on all models. May I ask what you looking for and maybe I can help.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Roof trim on the FE versus roof rails. It will be the same on 2017/2018.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I've been able to find 4 salvage Niros at three yards nationwide on Car-parts, none of the FE trim. There could be many more for all I know, but it finding them will be difficult to say the least.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Roof rails cannot be readily retrofitted to the FE. Requires studs welded to the roof prior to painting. But that was my thought before I bought the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fits perfect

Is there room in the tire compartment for an actural tire 205/60R/16. I know actural weight is heaver but will it fit in the tire well compartment?
Just got my together and tested today. Fits perfect without the inserts, plenty of room for jumper cables, fix-a-flat kit, tools etc.
Total price of full size spare: $165
Kia OEM rim from salvage yard-$100 + $20 shipping (they even left the TPMS in)
Tire from local salvage yard $18--decent trend Firestone
Mounting/Balance$5
I had jack/breaker bar
Ordered a OEM Styrofoam insert that I believe will fit (Hyundai-Part No.: 09149-3X000) $20:nerd:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought Three Spare Tire Kits, Two for the Niros and One for the Optima from KIA Accessory Store .com. They should have been included to begin with...............

21 - 40 of 55 Posts