Kia Niro Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have 3 factory 16 inch wheels and tires that are in brand new condition. Will ship each wheel/tire individually for all those that want full size factory wheel/tire spares for there Niro. What do you all think is a fair price per wheel/tire not including packing/shipping which will be extra depending on where you are?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure what a tire assembly is worth. Guess it's what one is willing to pay. Also depends on proximity for shipping costs. Where are you located? I am in NJ. Possibly interested in buying one. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm just outside Washington DC in northern va for shipping purposes. Never shipped a tire before but I don't think one tire would be that much UPS ground.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm just outside Washington DC in northern va for shipping purposes. Never shipped a tire before but I don't think one tire would be that much UPS ground.
I’m interested in buying one. I live in NoVA too so you wouldn’t even have to worry about shipping it. I would ideally like to get it from you tomorrow or Saturday. PM with asking price and we’ll see what we can work out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I am considering a spare tire for my PHEV, but I want to make sure that it is safe to do so. I am concerned the brake/axle is different from the regular hybrid and I wouldn't want to damage the car if I ever had to use the spare.

Any suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello,

I am considering a spare tire for my PHEV, but I want to make sure that it is safe to do so. I am concerned the brake/axle is different from the regular hybrid and I wouldn't want to damage the car if I ever had to use the spare.

Any suggestions appreciated!
There's no room for a spare in the plug-in. The extra batteries sit below the cargo area, in the spare tire well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's no room for a spare in the plug-in. The extra batteries sit below the cargo area, in the spare tire well.
Thank you for your reply! Yes there is certainly no room because of the larger battery. I would carry the spare in the hatch, as I do not regularly need the cargo room. You can buy an inexpensive spare tire cover to protect the interior. The tire can be restrained with bungee cords as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the standard EX - I found a Kia Soul 16" Rim and tire on craigs list for $40, ordered the jack and lug wrench from harbor freight for ~$20. While the rim doesn't match at least I have a full size spare.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I called TireRack and they quoted a price for just the compact spare tire mounted on a 15" steel wheel. There price, including shipping to NJ, was $148. Now that does not include the jack, wrench, etc which I believe is in the kit. Also, I'm concerned about their recommendation to go with a 15" wheel. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
23 Posts
The guy at the tire shop I stopped in with the kit rim strongly suggested returning the kit and getting a full-sized rim and tire. So I'm going that route when I find that reasonably priced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dead thread? That's ok. Got you guys beat. Bought a fresh lease return, clean Carfax, Kia Certified LX last week. No spare of course. Did some extensive research and came up with the answer. 2003-2006 Mitsubishi Outlander 16" donut spare has the same bolt pattern, center bore and tire height as the stock Niro wheel/tire. Picked one up in a Brooklyn junkyard this morning for $20. Yokohama tire with nipples across the tread, never used. Car-part.com. Tested and fits perfect on the hub and in the trunk. You're welcome! 😁

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dead thread? That's ok. Got you guys beat. Bought a fresh lease return, clean Carfax, Kia Certified LX last week. No spare of course. Did some extensive research and came up with the answer. 2003-2006 Mitsubishi Outlander 16" donut spare has the same bolt pattern, center bore and tire height as the stock Niro wheel/tire. Picked one up in a Brooklyn junkyard this morning for $20. Yokohama tire with nipples across the tread, never used. Car-part.com. Tested and fits perfect on the hub and in the trunk. You're welcome! 😁
I just picked up a Kia Sedona jack and lug wrench kit for dirt cheap from the junkyard. Jack is made for a heavier vehicle so it's stronger, fits into the frame notch, and clears the frame with a deflated tire. Lug wrench is the same size at 21mm.
Perfect spare tire and Jack kit for under fifty bucks!!!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts