Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Is it only me, but when you use the UVO system, like the remote air cooling before getting in the car, the hazzards lights goes one for the programmed time ? :confused:
is there a way to set them off ?

·
Super Moderator
488 Posts
I noticed that myself, and hadn't gotten around to asking the question. It doesn't bother me when I pre-cool the car in the garage (obviously not pre-heating in an enclosed space), but it's not something I'd like activated out in the open.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I noticed the same: had the car parked at a hotel and due to some expected delays in checking out, I had the rare opportunity to not care that it would take forever to turn on the AC remotely with the UVO app, so I did. And the flashers came on in the hotel parking lot and stayed on until we got in the car. I wasn't thrilled with that behavior, but I guess it wasn't horrible.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've noticed it and I'm not thrilled with it. In the Bolt EV, when you activate remote climate, the DRLs come on and stay on for the duration of the remote start (about 10 min or so). If they want to activate the lights, I'm fine with that, but don't make them flash and draw unneeded attention.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Perhaps the theory if engine or HVAC is running, others may believe car was accidentally left on. Hazard lights on may reduce observer confusion and calling authorities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts