Kia Niro Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2019 Kia Niro Touring HEV
145 Posts
As mentioned, 10 & 2 is discouraged due to wrist injuries when the airbag goes off. I've weaned myself away from that (after MANY years of driving), often use the 8 & 4, but also as doro6529 has said, put one hand on the bottom and one nearby. Also changing position on long trips, I have a habit of placing my hands on the right and left spokes, with thumbs over the horn button. While that may be great for quick toots, I shudder to think where my thumbs would be should the airbag go off, so really try to avoid that position.

· Registered
2023 Kia Niro EV Wind
26 Posts
As it got colder here around Detroit this week I found myself turning on the heated steering wheel in my ‘23 EV Wind Preserve. I find the top half (above the spokes) gets quite hot. The bottom half gets warm, but nowhere near as hot as the top.

· Registered
2023 Niro SX
46 Posts
I just bought a 2023 HEV Niro SX in the U.S. It comes with a heated steering wheel. Unfortunately, only the top half of the steering wheel heats. The dealer is telling me that is by design. Does anyone know anything about this? thanks!
I bought a 2023 HEV Niro SX in the U.S. on January 11, and both the top and bottom halves of the steering wheel are heated. Above the spokes runs hotter, but the lower half definitely gives off heat. I wish the switch had High and Low positions, rather than just on and off, as it gets uncomfortably warm after 5-10 minutes, and I have to turn it off, which is a pretty minor inconvenience.

· Administrator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,937 Posts
I wish the switch had two positions, rather than just on and off,
That could be said about many cars with heated wheels. So far, I have never seen one with multi-level settings for the wheel heat.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dovidan
21 - 24 of 24 Posts