Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Hello from a new Niro owner

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  John_Boy1971 
#1 ·
So a stray water main access pipe cover took out the transmission in my 14 Optima and totalled it. I decided on a larger vehicle because I needed more space, but wasn't all that into SUVs.
So a month ago I bought my 2019 Kia Niro Hybrid (not the plug in variety) in deep cerulean blue. My husband drives it more than I do, but we're both so glad we made the decision to buy our Niro.

#2 ·
welcome to the Niro family. I sm sure that over the next 6 months you will find here a very good resource of what, why and is this normal questions you will get. The Niro as a hybrid is sort of a unique type of car in it bridges between the electric and gas-powered. Ask questions as I know there are lots of new Niro users just like yourself here and together we can help get them answered.

#3 ·
@Synne, welcome to the forum, and like said Roadkill401, you will find ALOT of cool stuff in your Niro.! and btw, you choose a nice color for your car.! ?

#4 ·
So a stray water main access pipe cover took out the transmission in my 14 Optima and totalled it. I decided on a larger vehicle because I needed more space, but wasn't all that into SUVs.
So a month ago I bought my 2019 Kia Niro Hybrid (not the plug in variety) in deep cerulean blue. My husband drives it more than I do, but we're both so glad we made the decision to buy our Niro.
Have the deep cerulean blue myself...Love the color.2018 lx hybrid

#5 ·
Welcome. The Niro, for me, is the best car I’ve had so far. Great gas mileage, decent acceleration, and no problems. I already put 8,000 miles.

#6 ·

Bought my new 2019 Niro S Touring 03/16/19, it's Platinum Graphite (color). It's my first hybrid, and I love it so far. Been a faithful Kia owner for 7 years and counting now, won't own anything else but a Kia. After I bought my first Kia, which was an Optima, I fell in love with the Kia brand. Had a 2020 Sportage LX prior to this but, wanted something that got better fuel economy, I was only averaging 27 mpg in the Sportage. Loved the Sportage otherwise, plus I wanted to lower my carbon footprint, not that I'm a tree hugger by any means but I do care about the planet I live on and the environment. It took a little getting used to as this is the first hybrid I've ever driven or owned. I average between 40 and 42 mpg in it city/highway combined. If I didn't have a lead foot I could do better but still great fuel economy for a driver like me. I love the Harmon Kardon sound system, the ride quality, handling, everything. I love it more with each mile I drive it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.