Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All
Just found this forum, enjoying 2017 LX Niro going on 2 months now. It is magical and feels weird, but love 50 Plus MPG. Only down side so far is Niro doesn't like cold weather, does much better in warm weather.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Got my 2018 LX from Fairfield Wyler end of Jan. Due to cold weather and some fast interstate runs out of state in bad conditions, my average over almost 4,000 miles is only 47 mpg. Still, not bad! I've only had one recent tank at 50 mpg. I'm expecting it will only improve.

Price of gas is going up, hard not to feel smug. If it keeps going up, our hybrids will have higher resale value.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right about resale value. My original plan was to pickup used Niro but after looking around i found that with factory rebates that a new car was cheaper then used one. I'm glad i bought one. I just got back from trip to NYC and averaged little over 50 MPG combined over the whole trip. Not bad at all considering i was getting 20 in old Dodge Caravan.
How has service experience been?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you provide more details about "doesn't like cold weather". Have seen some comments about weird electrical issues, is that what you have experienced?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you provide more details about "doesn't like cold weather". Have seen some comments about weird electrical issues, is that what you have experienced?

Thanks.
I noticed MPG drop from 50's to mid 40"s. No strange noises or other issues. I'm very happy with Niro and amazed that how few people know about Niro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts