Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last November I traded in my 2005 Prius that I'd been driving for 13 years for a 2017 Niro EX, adv package/sunroof. My mpg has ranged from high 40s to low 50s -- right in line with the EPA-estimated 49 mpg listed on the sticker. Great car. Looking forward to reading these threads!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome from an Alabama neighbor! Hope you enjoy the forums. I have the same loadout as you, mine is Silky Silver. What color is yours?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Black (what they call Aurora Black Pearl) with gray interior. I'm guessing you have the charcoal interior with the silver? I think the charcoal interior looks a little better, but I went with what the dealer had on the lot. No regrets. I'm loving this car!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The hot summers are why I was trying to avoid black. At first. But when I saw it in person, it looked good. Darn good. Of course the Niro looks good in any color.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Glad to have a new member on the forum.

What were your driving habits like while racking up that MPG number and what accessories did you have running? Always curious about these little things that often make an impact.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first few weeks I was running only Android Auto or the radio. My mpg was about 52 then. More recently, it's been extremely cold and I've been running the heat and also the heated seats in addition to Android Auto (for navigation and music). Also lots of shorter trips. My mpg went down to about 47 on the last fill-up.

I do about half interstate and half in-town driving. Never exceed more than 70 mph on the interstate and usually much closer to 60. I try to drive in a fuel-efficient way: slow to accelerate, lots of coasting. I have not used cruise control yet.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Appear to be doing typical for EX.

My average is still above 51 MPG (FUELLY Calculated). Worst was fill up 01/08/2018 at 10,456 miles (447 on fill up with 10.218 gallons = 43.7 MPG).
Good deal off average. Been cold last couple weeks (only a few hours over freezing during that time -- long cold spell for TN).

That be an EX with Tech Package and most driving on County roads 35 to 55 MPH with some city (not a lot of stops or traffic normally).

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not bad at all hopefully as we see more owners come forward with what they're experiencing on a day to day basis with MPG's then we will have some real numbers to depend on.
I just hope fuelly fills up with enough of these.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had never heard of Fuelly until I saw you and PaulRides mention it, so I looked it up. Looks like a very useful website that I may have to start using. I've always kept this mpg data in a spreadsheet, recording the car calculations and comparing with my own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts