Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All. I just purchased a used 2017 Niro EX in Metal Stream. It has 25k on it.
I went down to Norfolk VA to get it, a 186 mile trip. On the trip home I averaged 52mph, and 52.8mpg.

Here's a dealer photo, I haven't had much chance to take many of my own photos yet.

eta- this is my first car purchase in almost 20 years, I've had a rock solid 1999 Ford Crown Vic since 9/99.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hello All. I just purchased a used 2017 Niro EX in Metal Stream. It has 25k on it.
I went down to Norfolk VA to get it, a 186 mile trip. On the trip home I averaged 52mph, and 52.8mpg.

Here's a dealer photo, I haven't had much chance to take many of my own photos yet.

My favorite color.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could get 15-16 driving around town. 22 on the highway. I put a Mustang motor, 3.73s, and a bunch of other mods in it over the years. I only drive 50-100 miles per week so I could go 2-3 weeks between fill ups.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I could get 15-16 driving around town. 22 on the highway. I put a Mustang motor, 3.73s, and a bunch of other mods in it over the years. I only drive 50-100 miles per week so I could go 2-3 weeks between fill ups.
Enjoy getting triple the mpg around town! Easier parking too, but probably not as cushy.

·
Registered
612 Posts

eta- this is my first car purchase in almost 20 years, I've had a rock solid 1999 Ford Crown Vic since 9/99.
Cool color. Nice to see another Niro in Southern MD. We've had our '18 PHEV since last April and I think I've seen one other one in the area. Like you, it had been a while (2010 for us) since we'd bought a car. Loving it so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome! Are you planning to do any mods on the Niro?

Not really planning on it. I entertained the idea of replacing the cargo rails with the flat covers from an FE, but I doubt I'll save more in gas then it would cost.

I did just order a mini-spare off eBay with the 15% off coupon today.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Not really planning on it. I entertained the idea of replacing the cargo rails with the flat covers from an FE, but I doubt I'll save more in gas then it would cost.
No cost in removing the rails. If you want the trim, they are about $160 for the pair. Depends on how long you keep your car or miles driven for investment yield on 3 mpg highway savings. No brainer for me, kept my last car a couple hundred thousand miles. Probably cheaper than the options on your car, like even the floor mats!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts