Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What spec Niro do you guys have and what make and model winter tires are you running. Have seen enough winter tire talk happening here!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What spec Niro do you guys have and what make and model winter tires are you running. Have seen enough winter tire talk happening here!
I've got Nokia Hakkapeliitta 8 as my winter tires. Comparing with my previous car (Skoda Octavia) with the same tires in different size they sound quieter. Might be due to better sound insulation.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I see a lot of people having different issues with Niro in winter conditions, how does you car handles negative temperatures?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've got Nokia Hakkapeliitta 8 as my winter tires. Comparing with my previous car (Skoda Octavia) with the same tires in different size they sound quieter. Might be due to better sound insulation.
Just looked them up, you are lucky that these tires are studable which although isn't allowed in most places i have seen people get away with it for the simple fact most cops don't look for it and don't notice. The only ones that might are cops in traffic divisions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just looked them up, you are lucky that these tires are studable which although isn't allowed in most places i have seen people get away with it for the simple fact most cops don't look for it and don't notice. The only ones that might are cops in traffic divisions.
I live in Finland and studs (lots of them!) are legal here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
-22C (-8F) so far and no problem. Although I miss heated side mirrors.
I agree. I don't have much to complain about my car (2017 EX-Prem), but not including heated mirrors was a weird exclusion, especially when you give us heated seats and steering wheel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree. I don't have much to complain about my car (2017 EX-Prem), but not including heated mirrors was a weird exclusion, especially when you give us heated seats and steering wheel.
What? I just bought an EX Premium..... I did not notice there was no heated mirrors. Why would they cheap out on that???

·
Registered
219 Posts
According to the 2017 brochure (https://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/media/all/vehicles/niro/brochures/brochure_niro_2017.pdf), the EX (without any packages) has heated mirrors. See the last page -> Feature -> Mechanical & Exterior -> Right column, 4th item down.

FYI, same thing with the 2018 (https://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/media/all/vehicles/niro-plug-in-hybrid/brochures/brochure_niro-phev_2018.pdf). Although this link says phev, the file covers both. The regular hybrid specs are on the second to last page and the PHEV on the last page. Both show the EX getting heated mirrors (even w/o a package).

·
Registered
36 Posts
According to the 2017 brochure (https://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/media/all/vehicles/niro/brochures/brochure_niro_2017.pdf), the EX (without any packages) has heated mirrors. See the last page -> Feature -> Mechanical & Exterior -> Right column, 4th item down.

FYI, same thing with the 2018 (https://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/media/all/vehicles/niro-plug-in-hybrid/brochures/brochure_niro-phev_2018.pdf). Although this link says phev, the file covers both. The regular hybrid specs are on the second to last page and the PHEV on the last page. Both show the EX getting heated mirrors (even w/o a package).
Maybe this is one of those US vs Canada model things. But seriously... why would Canada need heated outside mirrors? :rolleyes:

Not sure if it's Kia Canada or Kia Global, but someone wasn't thinking...

·
Registered
12 Posts
This might have been a RTFM error on my side. I just found out that the side mirror heating is connected to rear window heating. I've accustomed to minimize the use of rear window heating in order to preserve it's lifetime.

The heating of side mirrors is only mentioned next to the rear window heating in the manual. Not a single word about it in the chapter describing the electric side mirrors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts