Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2018 Platium graphite PHEV EX Premium. I've had both a hybrid and an EV before, now I have my 1st PHEV, which happens to be my 1st Kia, too. Lol My trip from the dealership starting with a battery with 17 mi range was mostly bumper to bumper freeway traffic for 34 mi on EV mode, arriving home with 1 mi left on the battery. I'm very impressed and happy to be here.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new PHEV! I'm a little surprised that you didn't wait on the fully electric model considering you've already owned an electric. You have a longer daily commute?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new PHEV! I'm a little surprised that you didn't wait on the fully electric model considering you've already owned an electric. You have a longer daily commute?
Thanks. Well, my VW e-golf was my dip into EV life to see if I could hack it. I enjoyed not paying for gas, but hated the current public charging systems and the nervousness of needing to charge when traveling in new areas. So, PHEV for me until charging is much quicker and charge stations are abundant like gas stations. Granted range is a lot longer these days, but there's still a bit of planning to do whenever you want to try to be spontaneous.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome ! Washington state owner here too ...2018 Niro PHEV EX
Loving it so far (2 months) no problems.
Have fun.

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome ! Washington state owner here too ...2018 Niro PHEV EX
Loving it so far (2 months) no problems.
Have fun.

Mike
Thanks and which part of WA? Was that you in a black Niro PHEV passing me up in Bellevue? j/k Glad to hear you’re still enjoying the car. I had just got it and then hopped onto a plane for a quick trip, looking forward to getting to know it more when back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We just picked up our 2018 Niro Platinum Graphite EX. We love the car. Sold are 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe @ 123K miles with no problems. Looking forward to our Niro journey. Prescott Arizona Dave

·
Registered
289 Posts
We just picked up our 2018 Niro Platinum Graphite EX. We love the car. Sold are 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe @ 123K miles with no problems. Looking forward to our Niro journey. Prescott Arizona Dave
Nice move to something that's much more nimble and of course, is far more attractive. Have you seen the new redesigned Santa Fe? It both amazes and disappoints me by how much it looks like something from those very well known luxury German car makers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats! I love the graphite the best, too. The color blends well with the black moulding pieces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts