Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My name is Chris...er, I mean Kingtermite.

I did the research on new cars...was looking at full EVs but a little wary of most because of the limited range. I discovered PHEV is the perfect compromise and after narrowing it down to a few to check out further, I ended up deciding on the Kia Niro PHEV.

So, I got my Kia Niro EX Premium on Monday (day before yesterday). Found this forum when googling a few questions.... so here I am! >:)

Registered
Welcome, KingTermite. I've had mine two weeks and really enjoying it. Most of our driving is short around town trips with the occasional long trip so the PHEV seems to be a really good solution. Two problems: 1. my uneducated dealer was certain I could get a tow hitch for a bike rack - not true, 2. I'm having difficulties with the charging stopping without warning. Threads on this forum suggest it may be a problem with the connector lock. It's back to the dealer tomorrow.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, KingTermite. I've had mine two weeks and really enjoying it. Most of our driving is short around town trips with the occasional long trip so the PHEV seems to be a really good solution. Two problems: 1. my uneducated dealer was certain I could get a tow hitch for a bike rack - not true, 2. I'm having difficulties with the charging stopping without warning. Threads on this forum suggest it may be a problem with the connector lock. It's back to the dealer tomorrow.
Hmmm....Both of those are unfortunate. I was hoping to put a hitch on for my bike rack too. I still have my old Toyota Highlander where it usually gets used now, but was hoping I could use it on here. :(

Sorry about the charging problem. I haven't had the 240v outlet installed yet, so I'm still using the level 1 charger, but I haven't had any issues with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts