Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Kia Niro Hybrid will not start.
I have had two problems with it before. Once the dealership had to talk me through how to override it. The second time it was the battery and I managed to jump start it.
This time I thought it was the battery again. I tried to start it as it seemed to still have some power and then it kept telling me to stop the vehicle and check the breaks. I have tried to charge the battery jump start it as before. It tells me to use the key against the start button, which I do but no luck.

My thoughts are that I need to buy a charger and wait until the battery is fully charged and then see what the problem might be.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 2016 Kia Niro Hybrid will not start.
I have had two problems with it before. Once the dealership had to talk me through how to override it. The second time it was the battery and I managed to jump start it.
This time I thought it was the battery again. I tried to start it as it seemed to still have some power and then it kept telling me to stop the vehicle and check the breaks. I have tried to charge the battery jump start it as before. It tells me to use the key against the start button, which I do but no luck.

My thoughts are that I need to buy a charger and wait until the battery is fully charged and then see what the problem might be.

Any other suggestions?
Did you try your second key? Maybe the battery in your key fob is low or dead and that's why it won't start

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts