Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned a C-max for almost four years and loved it, but time for a new car. I really like the Niro Touring with all the tech features. While the C-Max is mpg rate at 42/38/40, I have consistently gotten well above 45 mpg. Does anyone have any real world experience with a US Niro to indicate what to expect from a Touring model. I know it is rated at 46/40/43. In central Florida, no winter driving, but the air is on almost all the time. Thanks for any opinions.

Steve

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm getting about 45 mpg, haven't used the A/C a lot, mostly citi driving. I've only done about 280 miles thought. The 16 inch rims with corresponding tires makes a difference in mpg. I have the 18inch rims.

·
Registered
36 Posts
16" vs 18" rims

I'm getting about 45 mpg, haven't used the A/C a lot, mostly citi driving. I've only done about 280 miles thought. The 16 inch rims with corresponding tires makes a difference in mpg. I have the 18inch rims.[/QUOTE

Tall and skinny will get the best MPG. Wide tires will cost you MPG. I made that mistake on my Passat TDI. Specs don't tell me what the tire size is for 18" rims but I suspect it's for appearance, not for better MPG.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think I'd easily get 50+ with some Michelin Energy Saver tires on the 16 inch rims. These are the tire sizes:

205/60 R16

225/45 R18

·
Registered
78 Posts
First tank on my touring, hand calc was 42.77mpg about 100 miles was with board on the roof. Today I paddled, while a cutout was made in my rear seat, computer said the 50 mile trip was 46.5mpg. Pic of the board on the roof I hope shows up!

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
So far, 2nd tank with 65 miles to empty.....I'm waiting to see what kind of warning we get when we run it low......all the miles with the board on the roof and computer says 43.4mpg avg. ( I did a couple of 30 mile runs at 72mph on the freeway and that dropped the average from 44.5 down to 42.2!)

·
Registered
23 Posts
So far, 2nd tank with 65 miles to empty.....I'm waiting to see what kind of warning we get when we run it low......all the miles with the board on the roof and computer says 43.4mpg avg. ( I did a couple of 30 mile runs at 72mph on the freeway and that dropped the average from 44.5 down to 42.2!)
With the board on or off for the highway?

·
Registered
78 Posts
With the board on or off for the highway?
The board is on for the highway......granted not much passing power with that up there ! I usually set the cruise at 72, and today with a 20+ mph wind my interstate trip had the computer mileage in the high 30's. The 14 foot board was moving the car a little, but not much more than my sportwagen TDI VW!!! So I'm impressed!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts