Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

Just bought a Niro Touring in late May. For the most part, I really love it so far. Fun little car (coming from a large Buick Enclave), but it's a bit slow. However, I fully loaded it: Advanced Tech Package, Splash Guards, Spare Tire, all mats (carpet & rubber), netting, plastic protection, etc. Love the blue color! The only thing lift to do is to tint the moonroof to help keep out heat in our +100 degree summers.

I took a new job that has quite a commute, so I figured I better get an economy car. Shopped around and really liked the Kia, but had no experience with the brand. My mileage has since tripled with the Kia! Averaging about 43 MPG, right on the nose.

Only issues--too bad it doesn't have a homelink garage door opener or an auto-dimming mirror. But, I just saw the thread about swapping such out in order to get both. I might have to look into that, but don't want to do it myself, as I'm not that mechanically inclined, and kinda scared of messing with my brand new car.

Looking forward to spending all sorts of my time on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The color is definitely beautiful though. Have you gone through that break in period to see if your mileage increases?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your new NIRO.

Touring models MPG run lower, 43MPG might be a bit low.

You will not really know until you get some fill ups and do a longer time ave of MPG.

Might want to start posting on FUELLY (each fill up, miles, gas bought, comments, etc.). Then they process info and show it in a table and a graph.

Others can look and you can check other cars. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, and thanks for welcoming me. It's been almost 6 weeks now and I've got 1700 miles (total weekday commute of about 45+ miles). I filled up tonight, and the average MPG for the last tank was 44.7. I'm thrilled with that, and I'm no hypermiler. I've got more than an hour+ commute in stop-n-go traffic in the mornings. Fun fun. I'll check out the mileage apps, good idea!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts