Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Again, I will probably be posting a few things in here since I am new to the Niro ownership. So I had a few questions.

1) Does anyone know if the dealer can install HID headlights onto the Niro LX? I know they come standard on the Touring but I like the bright HID headlights but wouldn't justify moving all the way up to the Touring just for those lol. Can they be installed on the lower model?

2) With Lane Keep Assist on I tested it by veering over my lines to get a sense of what it is like. Is it supposed to be so quiet? It makes a very faint beeping sound but if someone is dozing off and drifting lanes that noise is not anywhere near loud enough to get someones attention. Is there a volume somewhere?

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Kevhead- no volume control that I know of. I guess if someone really dozes off, the next sound they hear is the collision avoidance beeps, which are much louder, then the AEB kicks in if they're really asleep, lol.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey all,

Again, I will probably be posting a few things in here since I am new to the Niro ownership. So I had a few questions.

1) Does anyone know if the dealer can install HID headlights onto the Niro LX? I know they come standard on the Touring but I like the bright HID headlights but wouldn't justify moving all the way up to the Touring just for those lol. Can they be installed on the lower model?

2) With Lane Keep Assist on I tested it by veering over my lines to get a sense of what it is like. Is it supposed to be so quiet? It makes a very faint beeping sound but if someone is dozing off and drifting lanes that noise is not anywhere near loud enough to get someones attention. Is there a volume somewhere?

Thanks again guys!
Do you listen to music loudly? My lane keep assist is annoyingly loud. I want to turn it off but my rationale is "I paid for it, I might as well use it." so I keep it on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I don't listen to the music loud lol. But that is why I brought it up. With no music on its really quiet. Almost like the backup beeping. So if music WAS on. Then it would almost be non noticeable that the lane keep assist is going off haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
My lane keep assist has a variety of settings for how active it is. Great how it steers the car in the middle of the lane! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys I meant lane DEPARTURE warning. Lane KEEP assist is where it takes over for you and nudges you back in your lane. KEEP assist is not available on the Niro (in the US at least).

·
Registered
50 Posts
I tried a set of 35 watt HID Retrofits in my Niro, wasn't too pleased with the light output, several dark spots in the projection. They came out the next day, I did upgrade the fogs to LED and what a difference that made - I am very pleased.

Not sure why a hi-tech car like the Niro didn't come with LED Headlights - seeing that they are so much more efficient and have such a long life. Why they choose to stick halogens in most models and make HID and option? Kind of think this is where Toyota shines - along with the safety features. I do like the Niro but question some of choices, ie cost cutting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For a high-tech electric vehicle, the Niro EX has the crappiest halogen lamps in all the bulb sockets. Cost-cutting plain and simple.

I want better and safer lighting, so I installed 65w, 5000k xenon lamps in my main beams and 55w, 5000k xenon lamps in my fog lamps. It took about 5 hours of work, lots of trial and error with wire polarity and wiring, tons of zip ties, and an anti-flicker capacitor for each lamp because Kia's ECU doesn't know how to handle anything but halogens.

It's worth it. Lights up the road right below the car like the sun, and off to the sides too. Cutoff for headlamps is sharp so no oncoming drivers are blinded.

Combined with my LED turn signal lamps, which took even more work to install along with load resistors, ever exterior lamp on my Niro is ultra-bright and crisp.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts