Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well, I know mine isn't the highest mileage, but since no one has responded yet I will and will temporarily have the highest mileage per this thread! :)

I have just over 10,600 km's (6,572 miles). My car is just under 5 months old.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well, I know mine isn't the highest mileage, but since no one has responded yet I will and will temporarily have the highest mileage per this thread! :)

I have just over 10,600 km's (6,572 miles). My car is just under 5 months old.
Mine is 3 months old and just did my second oil change at 16,106 miles. Last one I traded in at 157,822 miles. Zero maintenance done but oil changes and tires. Everything else was original. Not saying it didn't need things done, just never did them. My goal is run the car hard for 150,000 miles. At that point I feel I got my money's worth. Someone else can get the deal and put a few bucks into upkeep.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought mine at 32k miles and I'm at 39k miles now (3-4months of ownership?)

Reactions: Dovidan

·
Registered
591 Posts
About to roll 100,000 on my 2.5yr old Niro. No issues other then regular oil and filter changes. Still getting good fuel mileage.
Did you do the clutch fluid changes or just strictly engine oil?

·
Registered
216 Posts
My 2018 Niro LX has 32,000 miles on it after 13 months of ownership(bought it brand new in December of 2018). I’ve done all recommended maintenance and as of right now have not had any problems besides the common stutter as the ICE is warming up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine is 3 months old and just did my second oil change at 16,106 miles. Last one I traded in at 157,822 miles. Zero maintenance done but oil changes and tires. Everything else was original. Not saying it didn't need things done, just never did them. My goal is run the car hard for 150,000 miles. At that point I feel I got my money's worth. Someone else can get the deal and put a few bucks into upkeep.
So you're leasing or buying and just trading in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize this is a slightly older thread so point me to a newer one if appropriate. I am interested in purchasing a 2018 Kia Niro LX with 97K miles on it for $13K. The dealership and I assume these are mostly all highway miles. I have read online that the EV battery warranty is 5 years or 100K miles after the first service, but I'm not sure exactly what that means or when that was, if it even took place.

I'm interested in hearing people's opinions on how long they believe the Niro and it's battery should last given the age and miles. If those miles are all highway miles, then I imagine the "health" of the battery is more related to the age of the vehicle than the miles on it, meaning all those miles haven't affected the battery if they were mostly highway miles. I realize no one knows the future and I do see a couple of posts in this thread saying they've had them up near and into the 200K range. Sounds like it all depends on how well I take care of it.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hopefully your dealing with a decent dealer. If it's a Kia dealer they should be able to tell you what the second owner is entitled to under the warranty. There are a lot of changes when it comes to the second owner. If it's a Kia certified vehicle you get a pretty good warranty. Depending what state your in quite a few things are covered under the Ca. emissions warranty that you wouldn't think would be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hopefully your dealing with a decent dealer. If it's a Kia dealer they should be able to tell you what the second owner is entitled to under the warranty. There are a lot of changes when it comes to the second owner. If it's a Kia certified vehicle you get a pretty good warranty. Depending what state your in quite a few things are covered under the Ca. emissions warranty that you wouldn't think would be.
It is an independent small town dealer, not a Kia-specific dealer. We are in Wisconsin. I think I'll call up the local Kia dealership to see if I can get some information from them on what type of warranty a second owner gets on it. Thanx for the tip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts