Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1st edition e-niro (June 2020). Inexplicably the horn starts sounding constantly and can only be stopped when doors or boot lid are opened and closed. It s not the intermittent alarm sound but a constant blare. This has now happened a number of times in the early hours of the morning waking both us and our neighbours. The dealer has had the car and cannot detect any fault. Yesterday drove the car shortly after this issue occurred and when going over speed bumps the horn sounded. Once I had again opened and closed doors and boot firmly this stopped. Has anyone else had any similar issues

·
Registered
2019 NIRO PHEV EX
285 Posts
I am in the US market but am going to take a chance on answering this even though the question appears to come from the European market.

In US a constantly blaring horn is usually a complement to a vehicle alarm system. This would mean someone had tampered with the vehicle such as attempted to open a hood, door etc and this sets off an alarm to discourage the burglar from continuing and draw attention to the circumstance.

You mention by going around and opening/closing doors to stop the horn- you also mentioned this happened going over a speed bump.

My impression is one of the door, hood or luggage(boot) switches that senses that part of the vehicle is closed needs to be adjusted. When jostled by a speed bump or road defect the vehicle is shaken just enough to cause the switch to make/unmake and sound the alarm. Another less likely scenario might be a loose or shorting wire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealers already had it one but couldn't find anything. My guess is the boot latch/sensor or as you say, faulty wiring. Hopefully good news next week from the dealer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts