Kia Niro Forum banner

How reliable has your Niro been?

• I've had a serious fault. my car has been out of comission for over 20 days to get fixed

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I've had a serious fault. my car has been out of comission for less than 20 days to get fixed

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I've had the usual type of warrany items that got fixed but my car was never unusable

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • I haven't had anything really go wrong with my car that I would bother to mention

Votes: 114 79.2%
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Did you get back every cent, including sales tax? Or some type of prorated amount? I'm hoping not to go there. Otherwise I love the car.
They refunded the entire transaction price including taxes, extended warranties, dealer fees etc.
There was however a deduction of $4,500 for the usage of 13,000 miles

· Administrator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,937 Posts
Avez-vous encore votre niro est-ce une phev ? Toujours satisfait et restez-vous dans un endroit nordique ?
No, at the moment I don't have my Niro PHEV. But I am seriously looking for a new one. They were just released to dealers a couple of weeks ago here, so supply isn't super strong yet. I'm trying to get out of my Bolt lease from GM, as I'm stuck until I can sell that car. I liked the Niro I had, and the 2023 model has addressed everything I wanted to see improved. I'm in the Seattle area, so it doesn't get super cold here.

· Registered
8 Posts
They refunded the entire transaction price including taxes, extended warranties, dealer fees etc.
There was however a deduction of $4,500 for the usage of 13,000 miles
Notiified that they now have the parts and my Niro EV will be repaired this week. Question is whether it will happen again. Asking why it happened in the first place goes nowhere, so I guess drive as much as possible before warranty is up.

· Registered
2018 Kia Niro
9 Posts
Ours is a 2017 ex, love it averaging 50 mpg, only problem was with the passenger side door handle, but the dealer replaced both, got 26,000 on it now, did have A problem with tire sensors after rotation, computer kept telling me the wrong tire was low.
I never had a problem with the door handles, BUT they said there was a recall on them for my 2018, so they replaced them

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 PHEV and has been flawless so far and the best new car I've ever had. Just turned 39,000 miles and still loving it. I most often get a new car every 5 years as I get bored with them but I rethinking that now. Each time I'm in I think what a well laid out car and fun to drive to boot! KIA did a great job. Thanks KIA!

· Registered
2019 White PHEV EX Prem, Mich Premier AS tires, LED BU lights, window visors 2022 Subaru OB Touring
639 Posts
I have a 2019 PHEV and has been flawless so far and the best new car I've ever had. Just turned 39,000 miles and still loving it. I most often get a new car every 5 years as I get bored with them but I rethinking that now. Each time I'm in I think what a well laid out car and fun to drive to boot! KIA did a great job. Thanks KIA!
Thanks for sharing. I have to confess I too suffer from the "getting bored" / wanting the latest & greatest 🙄
You might want to join another group of car enthusiasts called "Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous". 😂

Reactions: FlNiro

· Registered
1,209 Posts
I long for the first few years when the Prius first came out. I got a 04 used it for a year got my money back that I paid for it and got an 05, then got a 08 and got almost everything back.

· Registered
221 Posts
'22 EV EX, had since 11/2021. Heating system has been driving me nuts, hard to regulate; no other issues except that the low-conductivity (blue) coolant level was a bit low. Finally took it in (been busy, and thought this was somehow normal - even the service writer thought they'd find no problem; and my $125 OBD scanner did not detect this).

But they did find a bad humidity sensor. Dealer had to order the part. Should have it back after 5-6 days at the dealer; dropped it off Friday 12/30 for Saturday 12/31. Have spare ICE car so not terrible. We'll see how it goes.

· Registered
180 Posts
Mines been perfect no issues. 2017 HEV with 60k miles. Changed my tires at 59k were getting a little thin. No other issues!! Change oil once a year at 10k miles also rotate tires every 7k suck out actuator fluid during oil change, replace air filter and cabin filter with oil change add gas treatment with oil change. All good that’s all the maintenance I do. Oh and replaced wipers once all of them.

· Registered
2019 White PHEV EX Prem, Mich Premier AS tires, LED BU lights, window visors 2022 Subaru OB Touring
639 Posts
My 2017 FE is doing great at 419,800 miles. No major issues. Engine and drive train never touched.
Thanks for posting. Does it use any oil and has your MPG remained stable over time? Given that you have gone thru 12 windshields I guessing you're "drafting" those wide loads and getting greater than 50 mpg.
I think you may have Gbillyg beat; it would be great if he would report in.

Reactions: BarryP

· Registered
42 Posts
Oil, filters and tire rotation every 7500 miles. Mileage has dropped a little but I still get over 60 mpg drafting the loads. Normal driving is around 48- 50 mpg. It's burning half a quart between oil changes but the oil pan seal is leaking a small amount. Its just a silicone bead.

Broken windshields are the norm, it's the excessive pitting that forces a change.
Font Gadget Technology Display device Screenshot

81 - 95 of 95 Posts