Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Niro PHEV EX

When I first got this car I stumbled across a way to disable the Chirp and Light Flash when locking and unlocking the doors with the fob or the door handle button. I failed to document the procedure. @#$%! My Bad.

Now, three months later, for no known reason, the Chirp and Flash are back. I know how valuable/wonderful/safe this is to some, but to me it is quite intrusive and annoying. I want it Gone.

I get a curious look and silence when I ask the Service Department. Toggling the Yellow Switch in the dash fuse box didn't make any difference. Disconnecting the 12 volt battery didn't make any difference.

Does anyone Know how to disable this "feature"? (I promise I'll write it down this time.)

TIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update 1 –

I found numerous YouTube videos on disabling the “lock sound” by simultaneously pressing the Lock and Unlock buttons on the key fob for about 5 seconds. My lights blinked four times in acknowledgement, but the beeps remained. Ugh.

Following Glen’s lead ( Silence Beep ) I located the piezo speaker (blue canister) under the hood near the left headlight.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Car

Here is the speaker and the connector, which plugs into the bottom.
Tire Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Wheel Tread

I removed the Charging Door emergency release to provide a better view and to get both hands down there to disconnect the connector. Compress the black ribbed tab with one hand and pull the connector down with the other. It was awkward to say the least. To keep the connector dry I covered it with a small plastic bag and a generous amount of tape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts