Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2019 Niro Plug-In with a cargo net that I wrongly assumed would be a net that would stretch across the back of the trunk area (instead it just straps small items to the floor). Anyone come up with any way to keep groceries from falling over? Would want something that doesn't take up a lot of space when not in use. Possibly something that makes use of the anchor points built into the car. Loving everything else about the Niro.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Just purchased a 2019 Niro Plug-In with a cargo net that I wrongly assumed would be a net that would stretch across the back of the trunk area (instead it just straps small items to the floor). Anyone come up with any way to keep groceries from falling over? Would want something that doesn't take up a lot of space when not in use. Possibly something that makes use of the anchor points built into the car. Loving everything else about the Niro.
I've got a couple of sets of cargo blocks from Volkswagen (not that they are specific to VW, I just happen to own several). They work pretty well for keeping things from sliding around in the back.

https://www.ebay.com/i/183127149522?chn=ps

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
551 Posts
Trying to understand. the cargo space in the back of my Niro isn't all that big. I went grocery shopping for my family of 3 and after putting in the 4 reusable cloth bags, there was not much wiggle space left over. Now I don't know how you do your shopping, but if you purchase a single meal worth of food each day then I would understand it would have a tendancy to roll or move around. I wouldn't think that I eat all that much but even with our $80cdn worth of groceries it filled the back.

Have you looked into getting one of those cloth trunk organizers? They fold pretty flat when you are not using them, but open up to give you something to put your stuff into.

$6 on ebay.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ha, yes my dealer threw in the cargo net for free, and when I unboxed it I laughed. What's it for, holding down one milk carton? They were probably giving them away because nobody was buying them.

You can probably find a universal 4-point cargo net from somewhere on Amazon or something, that might do a better job.

Or just get a couple of cloth storage boxes, the kind you'd keep shoes in under your bed or on a closet shelf. I bought some recently for like $3 each at Walmart.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had bought for a NISSAN Rogue at a TARGET store a compartment net that has four hooks at it's top corners and four hooks at it's bottom corners (the hooks are on sort of like a string and made with an adjuster). ATTACHED PICTURE

When I traded cars, I took it for the NIRO.

It is a bit shorter in width than the trunk floor and about 1/2 the depth of the trunk floor of the NIRO.

I hook the 8 hooks at various points (like on the seat back lock area, there are places on the floor to hook the bottom hooks, and the front top just hooks (not real securely) on the plastic of the rear door frame.

So, you can set grocery bags in the compartments (6 of those) and in front of the net and behind the net. Heavy items against the seat back and fill the compartments with lighter stuff.

It works for us. However, it would not hold things securely in a sudden stop or a collision (try to avoid that).

PS: When you need a flat floor -- just disconnect the top hooks and let the sides of the net fold down flat.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts