Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro PHEV EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a shallow plastic tray between the battery and the bumper cover in the rear that is intended for storage of the Tire Mobility Kit and the charge cable. Any idea how to remove this? Seems to be snapped in place and I don't want to use too much force trying to remove it the wrong way.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would just stop at the Dealer, and have "ANY" salesman come out to the car, and show you how it opens...:)

·
Registered
789 Posts
So there is a shallow plastic tray between the battery and the bumper cover in the rear that is intended for storage of the Tire Mobility Kit and the charge cable. Any idea how to remove this? Seems to be snapped in place and I don't want to use too much force trying to remove it the wrong way.
It just lifts right out. You can use the hold down straps to pull up on it. It is secured at the front by two pins so it will rotate up from the hatch end and then you can pull it out. You can see the pins and where they fit if you remove the load floor first. It's not necessary for removing the tray though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Correct. It just lifts right out. As jmurphEV said, there's no need for you to lift it out, except perhaps to see the battery, although you can see it in his pictures just the same. There is high voltage there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts