Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Niro PHEV EX premium. I'm trying to set the "vehicle to vehicle distance" to the highest distance to minimize the annoying tendency for the car to brake when a car ahead slows down (for example to turn). Below is a composite graphic paste from two pages of the rather inadequate user manual that should explain how to do this. But how to tell what setting has been chosen? I see nothing on the dashboard display.
Font Parallel Auto part Circle

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my 2018 has an icon above the digital mph display that indicates the chosen following distance.
Thanks. Last night I tried it w/car in garage & system on but not "ready to drive". No icon showed up. But on a short trip today I did see the icon -- a white car with red dashes in front of it. If there is a car fairly close in front then there is another car icon in front of the dashes. On my 2020, the icon is between the cruise control set speed and the estimate of fuel range. The icon currently shows 4 dashes, which is apparently set to the max. distance but I did not notice the car slowing excessively (at least so far). But now I know where to look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts