Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

As a potential 2018 Kia Niro Hybrid buyer I have some questions please:

1) I wish to buy the version that yields the highest MPG that seems to be on the EX model with 16 inch wheels; If I buy the EX version with the $5,000 EX upgrade package will that give me everything the Touring editions has except for the 18 inch wheels?

2) Are the allow wheels covered with removable wheel covers that can be stolen?

3) What is a good price to negotiate with ( what percent off MSRP? )

4) Since I have not been in that car yet and am currently in a 2017 Subaru Forester, with the Niro will I get that same High UP feel while driving? The Forreseter also has an extrememly high front bumper so speed bumps or parking lot cement strips wont damage it. Is the Niro's high too or just like a sedan.?

4)Does it have a solid well made feel?

5) Lastly are the 7 inch or 8 inch info screen capacitive or resistive? If you don't know what that means resitive has a plastic like membrane on the touchscreen while capacitive is all glass.

Thank you so much

Jeff

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

1) I wish to buy the version that yields the highest MPG that seems to be on the EX model with 16 inch wheels; If I buy the EX version with the $5,000 EX upgrade package will that give me everything the Touring editions has except for the 18 inch wheels?

4) Since I have not been in that car yet and am currently in a 2017 Subaru Forester, with the Niro will I get that same High UP feel while driving? The Forreseter also has an extrememly high front bumper so speed bumps or parking lot cement strips wont damage it. Is the Niro's high too or just like a sedan.?

5) Lastly are the 7 inch or 8 inch info screen capacitive or resistive? If you don't know what that means resitive has a plastic like membrane on the touchscreen while capacitive is all glass.

Thank you so much

Jeff

With # 4 I meant Ground Clearance..Why can't I edit my original post?

·
Registered
463 Posts
1. Not sure, but I think you would be very close.
2. Who would want to steal cheap Walmart looking plastic hubcaps?
3. Try Trucar, that got me as close as possible to my final price.
4. Niro is not as high as other CUVs, but still has enough clearance to not hit the vast majority of stuff. Its the reason I bought mine, I have land with a 1 mile dirt road and my Fusion Hybrid dragged on everything. Niro clears all the roots, rocks, deep sand and puddles.
4. Yes, suprised me.
5. Screen is glass.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. Not sure, but I think you would be very close.
2. Who would want to steal cheap Walmart looking plastic hubcaps?
3. Try Trucar, that got me as close as possible to my final price.
4. Niro is not as high as other CUVs, but still has enough clearance to not hit the vast majority of stuff. Its the reason I bought mine, I have land with a 1 mile dirt road and my Fusion Hybrid dragged on everything. Niro clears all the roots, rocks, deep sand and puddles.
4. Yes, suprised me.
5. Screen is glass.

I thought the ALLOY wheels meant the more expensive option where there would be nothing removable or stealable. seems almost like hubcaps, right?

·
Registered
33 Posts
1) Technically...if you're looking for the version that yields the highest MPG...that would be the FE model.

3) I went in with some numbers off TrueCar. I got dealer to go down to $30,602 for a 2018 Touring -$1,250 Kia current rebate through April 30th! I prob would have more leverage if the car was on the lot but the color combo we wanted was rare in our area so we had to special order. If you're not as picky about color..etc then you might have more leeway. They kinda knew we wanted a certain color combo in the end and hard to go further down if they don't have it on their lot. I feel I received a great deal though based on Truecar. We wanted the EX but didn't have the color combo we wanted. If you're gonna drop close to 30K on a car...get what you want!

4) Car feels so solid and well built. Go test drive one first though and get a feel for it yourself!

Best of luck..it's one of the best bang for your buck deals for features vs pricing.

Hi,

Thank you so much

Jeff

·
Registered
178 Posts
Also is radio on AM/FM HD or just regular ol' am/fm?
We have the 2017 EX and it has HD radio........no CD player but who really needs those these days? It is the most comfortable car I have ever been in. Solid feel, well built, add snow tires to our winter climate here in Northern NY and I've never driven a car that handles this well in snow and ice either.

See my other post/thread about "New Niro Problem" SOY wiring inside! sweet tasty soy, aka RODENT FOOD! HOWEVER, this is NOT just a Kia problem, seems that most cars (even NON hybrids) built after 2008 have some some or all soy wiring..........lots of class action lawsuits in the works.............we just had $2,100.00 in damage.

Can't say enough about this car, we hit 57mpg on a 120 mile round trip, nearly all highway (NOT interstate), app 55-60mph and hit 57mpg!! It was summer, using the provided Micheline Green energy saver tires.............once we added snow tires and in temperatures in the 50's, did a 100 mile round trip through the mountains and valleys of the Adirondacks..........still achieved 50mpg..........

Very impressed. I just wish the national highway safety people would look into this wiring issue..........for us it was the fuel pump wires that got chewed but resulted in the entire wiring harness needing replacement, a near total tear down of the inside of the car! However, many fear that other critical wires involved in braking, air bags, safety features in general could be compromised.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You’ve gotten some good answers but a lot of your questions (height, screen, controls, etc) could best be answered by going on a test drive an checking it out yourself.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I thought the ALLOY wheels meant the more expensive option where there would be nothing removable or stealable. seems almost like hubcaps, right?
Sorry, I thought you meant the low dollar alloys that have the cheesy hub caps, like on the FE. The higher end wheels are solid aluminum. Ther can be stolen, but since they fit a very specific vehicle, I doubt that it is worth the effort for a thief.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Amazon sells 4 rat traps for $ 14.79. They are black plastic, reusable. I hate to use the conventional wooden traps because it is hard to set and hurts like **** if you get hit by it accidentally.
The black plastic ones are super easy to set, we caught many rats with that. The only problem is that they are very light weight, so best thing is to attach it with a tin wire to something in the garage.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Uggh....I'm all for the environment but soy wiring is not a great idea. Isn't there something simple they can add to make it unpalatable?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is 2018 Kia Niro Touring Lease Cash and Special Financing and how does that affect my monthly lease payment and can I still negotiate down the MSRP of $ 33,000 ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts