Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
While having my Niro serviced at a local KIA dealer I decided to do a little online research. Come to find out, all 3 Niro’s have different size brakes.

Niro HEV - 11” front rotors 10.3” rear rotors
Niro PHEV - 11” front rotors 11.2” rear rotors
Niro EV- 12” front rotors 11.8” rear rotors

All of this info came directly off of the KIA website. I wonder if the EV rotors would fit with the HEV wheels? This upgrade would help in the braking department.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
The PHEV upsized rear rotor may be related to electric parking brake (can't remember if PHEV has one). Upsized EV rotors definitely related to weight.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The PHEV upsized rear rotor may be related to electric parking brake (can't remember if PHEV has one). Upsized EV rotors definitely related to weight.
No electronic parking brake on the PHEV (2018 edition at least), that's one of the reasons we don't have full start stop cruise control.

·
Super Moderator
886 Posts
No electronic parking brake on the PHEV (2018 edition at least), that's one of the reasons we don't have full start stop cruise control.
Not on the '19 either. I thought I did read that the '20 did have start/stop cruise. So that would mean it does. Yep, just checked the US Kia web site. Stop/Go cruise, and from the interior pictures I could see the e-brake button on the console..

·
Super Moderator
886 Posts
My guess (and that's all it is :D) is they bumped the size due to the increased weight of the battery. Which would also explain why the EV has even larger rotors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, it's a little hot for testing this weekend, considering the AC stopped working in the niro. For the past few weeks the AC has been only working sometimes, and when it did work, there was a loud rattley fan noise under the hood. Well that sound went away, along with the AC. If there's a dedicated cooling fan for the condenser, it must be stuck or something. I get a little cold air if i drive fast enough, but thats it. the compressor is making normal compressor noises. It goes into the dealer on monday.

·
Super Moderator
555 Posts
Not on the '19 either. I thought I did read that the '20 did have start/stop cruise. So that would mean it does. Yep, just checked the US Kia web site. Stop/Go cruise, and from the interior pictures I could see the e-brake button on the console..
I confirm that this option is on some 2020 models!

·
Super Moderator
538 Posts
You have driven me to curiosity. I have ordered one of those ELM odbc bluetooth readers from Amazon. I have several android tablets that i am sure I can load on the Torque program or even spluge for the PRO version. I would like to see what information I can get out of my car. I want to figure out how well I am driving and what effect I have on the battery charge and depleation with the style that I drive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Looks like the compressor went out on my niro. It's covered by warranty, but they don't have the parts so I get to keep driving it till they come in.

You have driven me to curiosity. I have ordered one of those ELM odbc bluetooth readers from Amazon. I have several android tablets that i am sure I can load on the Torque program or even spluge for the PRO version. I would like to see what information I can get out of my car. I want to figure out how well I am driving and what effect I have on the battery charge and depleation with the style that I drive.
The built in hybrid battery % gauge PID on torque pro isn't accurate all the time, so I recommend you download the niro pids from the earlier post. That also gives you the battery pack power in/out, which is really neat to watch.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts