Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I think I see my new KIA. I am a long time KIA owner and currently have the Soul EV as my daily commuter to work and back. Perfect little car and no gas or oil ever used. I am very interested in the rumor that the Niro might be available in EV (All Electric) as well.

I am here to follow along in the hope that an EV will be made available and it will be my next KIA.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Glad to have a Soul EV owner on the forum which helps since some people here will have questions about the electric powertrain. It helps to hear about it from an owner and not some reviewer that only had it for a day with who knows how little seat time. Even at the end of the day the feedback will be different (bad) compared to an actual owner.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Really don't know if they'll come out with a full electric Niro but it is rumored that there may be enough space for a large battery.

·
Registered
289 Posts
One thing for sure it would be in line with Kia's 'recipe' for launching an EV, since after all that's what they did with the soul.
Plus it cuts down on cost greatly since the original R&D dollars are being stretched that much further. Much unlike developing an entirely new model as an EV.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Exactly.. just take the soul components, throw it in the Niro, and drop a bigger battery. New variation, not much effort needed, call it a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts