Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sharp cutoffs help, but glare also results just from the way the human eye processes whiter light. Google yellow lights and French law. Yellow lights provide the best actual view without harming night vision of driver or oncoming traffic. They do look dimmer compared to whiter lights though, again a brain effect.
I’d absolutely consider a warmer color if I lived in France, or in fact any place with lots of fog, rain or snow. But here in SoCal, 5500k daylight color works extremely well. I know that yellow light is more relaxing, and is recommenced before falling asleep...But I’m not looking to be so relaxed while driving. Alert, with a good forward view suites me fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How in the world do you pick a bulb? Looking at the higher watt bulbs and there are too many, different watts, fan or no fan good reviews bad reviews looks like a crap shoot to get the right one.

indeed, select one with high user rating and low profile type that matches the halogen bulb size. i would not recommend HID option considering you will have to drill holes to run cable for ballast. 30+ watt LED will have a fan so select the fan that has ball bearing. these are low cost investment for go for it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Try getting your headlights aimed. It could be they are aimed too high or too low, not casting enough light on the road ahead that you want to see.
I have just been thinking the same thing. Because last week going to work in the dark I spotted some black in the road and the lights didn't shine far enough up the road to show what looked a big wet spot on the road. Turns out it was a Mother bear and three cubs standing in the middle of the road. Lucky I drive slow in the dark and the truck behind me slowed down fast enough.
If I can figure out how to have the low and high beams stay on at the same time like I have on rigged up on other car and truck I think I would be golden.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts