Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Android Auto. I use it every single day, almost every single drive. Works great! But lately, the connection has been dropping randomly. I'll have to unplug my phone and replug, or unplug the cord from the car. I've been through a few different cords, and I'm starting to think it's not the fault of the cord but rather that the USB connector is starting to get loose. Is there a quick hack to fix and/or better diagnose? Anyone else having this issue? It wouldn't happen to be part of the 3-year bells-and-whistles warranty, would it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Android Auto. I use it every single day, almost every single drive. Works great! But lately, the connection has been dropping randomly. I'll have to unplug my phone and replug, or unplug the cord from the car. I've been through a few different cords, and I'm starting to think it's not the fault of the cord but rather that the USB connector is starting to get loose. Is there a quick hack to fix and/or better diagnose? Anyone else having this issue? It wouldn't happen to be part of the 3-year bells-and-whistles warranty, would it?
I've had this issue and if you're like me and toss the cable aside when done... dust/crap gets into the plug and it doesn't connect properly. Once cleaned out (I use those air duster cans) its fine.

Are the cords holding charge in the centre console USB? If so, then likely the USB and not the cords. I doubt those are covered by a warranty but could be wrong

1 - 3 of 3 Posts